Let me play my guitar.

When we talk about guitars, the first person the comes to my mind is.. None other than John Mayer. His guitar skills are what made me a huge JM fan. John Clayton Mayer is an American pop and blues rock musician, singer-songwriter, recording artist, and music producer.

In this century, there are many talented and gifted performers everybody seems to be a triple threat these days. Almost all mainstream artists have started their own book deals, clothing lines, perfumes, joined acting, modeling and many more. One artist i know that hasn't joined that path is none other than, John Mayer. John Mayer stuck to his roots of singing, soft powerful ballads and strumming his guitar along with his soothing raspy voice.

He is my idol. John Mayer, has not only inspired one person but many others with his honest lyrics and soothing voice, including myself.

I was never a fan of soft rock before. Honestly, I had never really listened to soft rock before, much less John Mayer. One day, while doing my work i was watching MTV, I came across a song sung by him called, Free Fallin'." In all honestly, that song sent chills through my veins. His songs have lyrics one can actually relate to. For most people, this song was considered way too slow and the ballad was repeated many times, but to me, it was something special.

That day, i not only found a new interest in music, but also learned that there are some lyrics that go and touch your heart directly. His music and lyrics are so authentic, he has inspired me to be better, and that it's okay to make mistakes as long as we learn from them. He taught me that life is not a perfect picture, but it will be if you paint the picture that way. I've listened to John Mayer for a year and a half but I've realized that sometimes when you take a chance, you find more than you expect.

Now, I am a huge fan of John Mayer and the music that he produces makes me cherish him more and more.

"I'm in the war of my life
At the core of my life
I've got no choice but to fight 'til it's done

No more suffering
No more pain
Never again"