Music and I | Teen Ink

Music and I

By TheAwesomeJeanine GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona
TheAwesomeJeanine GOLD, Phoenix, Arizona

"Don't Judge a Book By It's Cover", "A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same."

Music can mean so much to me. Some people can even relate themselves to it. Imagination and creativity can be established. To me, a new environment can be constructed. Here is why I love music!

For instance, music is essential to my education. I can focus better with some self-control. I can also feel free to express myself by listening to different types of music genres that I like (hip-hop, pop, rock, country, etc.). Last, I can even try to influence people to reach their own goals in life by the meaning of the lyrics. This is why music is so important to my education.

On the other hand, you might be wondering why I joined music. Well, last year I was willing to take the risk of trying something new such as how to play the violin. I had no clue how to play but I was up for the challenge. It was complicated at first, but after weeks of practicing, I improved. Next, I wanted to have an opportunity to show my talent at upcoming school concerts because I felt that I had the need to succeed in music. Joining music made me feel much contented.

Third of all, there is just one thing that I have done in music that I will remember forever. I determined my ability to find confidence in myself. For example, playing for other people on my first time made me feel courageous that everyone enjoyed that memorable performance. I heard applauds, cheers, and even some of the people in the crowds whistle! That was when I jumped up for triumph. I even became much more social for my boost of confidence because I can teach a new student how to play a violin even though they don’t know how to play it. Altogether, confidence is the number one thing that I’ve done in music that I will remember forever.

So you can see, I achieved my goal in music and I enjoyed loving every second of it. Music makes me learn every aspect of life. Joining music made me much joyful. Confidence keeps me a positive attitude that I’ll never forget. “But when you get music and words together, that can be a very powerful thing.” -Bryan Ferry