Audrey Hepburn: More than an Actress | Teen Ink

Audrey Hepburn: More than an Actress

June 7, 2012
By Anonymous

The beloved, gorgeous Audrey Hepburn starred in numerous films, including: “Roman Holiday”, “Breakfast at Tiffany’s”, “Sabrina”, and “My Fair Lady”. Her successful career quickly brought her into the spotlight, but something else within her won the hearts of the world: her benevolence. Audrey dedicated her latter years to helping the less fortunate, and she faithfully took on her role as a UNICEF ambassador. In addition, she made a lasting impact on the fashion industry, branding a simple yet elegant look. Audrey Hepburn influenced the modern world in multiple ways, and still today stands as one of the most admired figures in history. Growing up during World War II, Audrey Hepburn remembered famine. After retiring from lead roles in films, Audrey devoted herself to help others in need. She used her fame and popularity to gain supporters and raise money to aid the unfortunate worldwide: Audrey promoted UNICEF’s work through interviews, gave speeches, and participated in benefit events. Audrey even testified before the US Congress to bring relief to those suffering in other countries. Although Audrey Hepburn acquired enormous fame, she still remained best friends with altruism, using her popularity to her advantage. Not only did Audrey Hepburn boost humanitarianism in the US, but she also impacted the fashion world. Through her role as Holly Golightly in Breakfast At Tiffany’s, Audrey showed that beauty does not need to be complex and intricate. Through her simple black dress, her grey cotton shirt, and her tan trenchcoat, Audrey Hepburn portrayed effortless beauty. Not only did she flash her artistic look in movies, but Audrey’s well-known outfit of a solid black turtleneck, black capris, and black ballet flats captivates her fans. In memory of her unmitigated style, minimalist designs are often referred to as “so Audrey Hepburn”, and nearly every designer selects one of these pieces to add to a collection. In conclusion, Audrey Hepburn exceeds the stereotypical definition of a Hollywood star, impacting the modern world in numerous ways. Affecting the fashion industry and leading a philanthropy movement, she undoubtedly inspired many. Audrey Hepburn, through all her dedication, will remain in the hearts and minds of America forever.


The author's comments:

I enjoyed watching Audrey Hepburn movies, and began to think about her personal life. I searched up her biography, and found her to be simply incredible.