Searching for love, Bachelor? | Teen Ink

Searching for love, Bachelor?

January 26, 2012
By ItzKriv05 BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
ItzKriv05 BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Every Monday night at 7 o’clock p.m. millions of girls tune into ABC’s The Bachelor. Why? I’m not exactly sure. However, this romantic and sappy reality game show captures the hearts of many.

Twenty-five girls decided to sell themselves for the heart of one guy. Or for others, they go onto the show just to say they’ve received a rose.

As I’m watching this show for the first time at a friend’s house, I can’t help but think who is a bigger moron: these girls on the show or me who’s still glued to the screen?

For six weeks these girls compete for the bachelor’s attention.

One of the girls, who has a fear of heights, climbs to the top of the Bay Bridge during one of the dates. As she’s halfway up she starts getting even more scared; to calm her fears the bachelor of 2012 turns around and kisses her. With a gain of confidence by a simple peck on the lips, she marches her way up the bridge.

At the end of the season, only three girls will be left and the bachelor is to pick one to spend the rest of his life with.

The Bachelor is shallow, sophomoric, and a waste of brain cells. The show is not relate-able. The people are superficial and care more about playing a character then the actual point of the show. The Bachelor generalizes that women are nut jobs, and that they have to compete to find their soul mate. This show allows males to believe they have all the power in a relationship, because women are desperate to fall in love. You cannot force a relationship and you cannot structure a long lasting relationship on a reality TV show.

Girls, if you want a rose go to the grocery store and buy yourself a rose with confidence and love for yourself. Otherwise, you will have a better chance of finding love on eHarmony.