Band, Knowlege, and Good Stuff | Teen Ink

Band, Knowlege, and Good Stuff

By JairG_JazzTenor BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
JairG_JazzTenor BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

"Don't play whats there, play whats not there" -Miles Davis-

Studies show that band students score an average of 62 points higher on the SAT's than the average students. In band
the majority of the members have all AP/Honors classes; they have really good grades. They are also in extra-curricular activities; for example theater, physics club, or sports. Band helps a lot in academics and other things but there are also other activities that assist along the way Being in band is a great activity because the ones in it are generally smarter than most people, band is a second family and it helps avoid bad influences.

Band is a great activity because the ones in it are usually smarter the most people. Being in band exercises the mind. Memorizing music helps a lot with academics. Rhythm memorization also helps develop ones brain. Band helps you learn to be organized. There are different types of concentration that one needs in music and it helps the brain.

Band is great because band is a second family. Everyone is friends in band. If one has trouble in school they tutor each other. Even if one didn't know someone in the same band and they started talking, they become friends. The band make a lot of trips so they meet other bands. Even though many don,t know each other, they are all friends. If one meets another band student, they turn into friends.

Being in band is great because it helps avoid bad influences. Marching band, along with the usual homework, usually keeps one busy, so a lot don't do bad things. There is a slim chance for students in band to drop out of school. There is little to no dropouts in band, unlike the ones that are not in band. Band gives people more responsibilities.

Being in band is a great activity because the ones in it are generally smarter than most people, band is a second family and it helps avoid bad influences. It improves ones chances for a scholarship. It is beneficial for ones future.

I hope that people choose to stay in band and do well in school.

thanks man

on Nov. 9 2011 at 12:52 am
Sam DeMouy BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Ok, so since you asked I'm gonna critique this alittle.  First of all I love your article, it's totally true :D.  Personally I think you could go for some more development in your second paragraph because as it is it's just fact,fact,fact.  Your other paragraphs are looking awesome though.  Anyways, awesome paper and good luck in Ms.E's class. :)

on Nov. 8 2011 at 10:01 am
Barisax_Girl BRONZE, Mechanicsville, Virginia
I love this artical, and it really is true, band is and always will be like my second family. And we are smarter and we make better choices that most people that are not in band.