Where do you draw the line? | Teen Ink

Where do you draw the line?

By bluebird123 SILVER, Hebron, Indiana
bluebird123 SILVER, Hebron, Indiana

I'd rather be hated for who I am, then loved for who I'm not. --Kurt Cobain

So I just heard that Rebecca Black is coming out with a new single and a five track EP.

I know a lot of people are thinking, "Why do we care? Her music sucks and we'd be better off without it." that may be true, but can you really justify your opinion?

Sure, many people would call her single "Friday" a disgrace to the music industry, but who are you to judge that? Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but to go as far to say that people want to kill Rebecca (a 13 year old girl) for her music is just ridiculous. Of course, society has a lot to blame for this.

In todays society, people have the need to justify their music tastes and to do that they seem to think bashing a 13 year old, (or any other music genre/artist that they dont like) does that. As I've said before, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but saying you want to harm someone for the music they make is just wrong.

Music should be judged by raw talent (in my opinion) but in todays music industry, its all about mainstream. Its all about who can sell the most singles and make the "best" pop song. Artists are going as far as auto-tuning their voices just to fit into the mainstream category.
By 'hating' Rebecca Black's music and bringing more attention to it, you're just making her (and any other artist/genre) more successful.

All in all, my point is that artists are people too. (Even Rebecca Black) So saying horrible things about her (like you want to kill her) isn't helping anything. I understand disliking someone's music, but you have to draw a line somewhere.

I wrote this article a while ago, before I found out about teen ink.

on Jan. 13 2012 at 8:34 am
bluebird123 SILVER, Hebron, Indiana

So... I see that this is getting alot of views & is getting low rated... anyone wanna share why? Thanks