Country Music. Not just for Hillbillies.

Country Music. I have never understood why so many people hate the sound of twang and guitars, southern drawls, and fiddles. Maybe it’s because they never gave it a chance. Maybe they think country music is for people who live on farms. Maybe they never listened to what the artist was saying. Country music is more that twang and guitar strings. It’s a way of life. No other genre of music can write an entire song solely on beer and good times or trucks and red dirt roads. This type of music reaches into our souls and touches the hearts of many. It is all the emotions and life experiences put to a tune and a guitar. Sure it doesn’t have a hip hop beat or a DJ remix but that is what makes country music unique. The CMA awards and CMT Top 20 Music Countdown mean nothing to my friends. Maybe it’s because they feel that by listening to it, they will be considered an outcast. I can always find a country song that relates to my every mood. Brad Paisley, Dierks Bentley, George Strait, Miranda Lambert, Willie Nelson, and even Johnny Cash. Country music is not just for hillbillies.

S. said...
So very much true! Country music is for anyone, not just hillbillies. And that's coming from a metal head, so that's gotta mean something! I grew up with country, and that music is amazing and will always be there for me. Very bold writing. Keep up the good work.