Television Influence | Teen Ink

Television Influence

By JB123 BRONZE, Aurora, Oregon
JB123 BRONZE, Aurora, Oregon

In 1990, Congress passed the Children’s Television Act (children’s educational television). That act increased the amount of educational programs that has to be available to kids. Although television has entertainment purposes, it can definitely have educational purposes too. It is a good influence because it is an easy and inexpensive way to get you information. Also it is a positive influence and has plenty opportunities for you to learn. It allows people to experience things first hand, and it also prepares kids for school.
Televisions can have up to two thousand channels, and in those two thousand channels don’t you think there would be plenty of channels that teach you? Television is an easy and inexpensive way to get learn and get information (television is a bad influence), and there are plenty of ways to get it. Here are some for example; PBS, History Channel, Discovery Channel, Sesame Street, Beakmans List, Between the Lions, 3-2-1 Penguins, and Cyber chase (Miranda Hitti). Those are just a few of the many educational opportunities for kids. There are also plenty of shows for adults too! Like the food network, and workout programs. Television isn’t just a thing that kid use to entertain them when they’re bored. It is also a learning resource for all ages!
Television has live programs that can keep you updated on things happening in our world right now. It also allows you to experience those things first hand (television is a bad influence). Like politics and wars. You can watch any of the many news channels to figure out what’s happening with our wars, the weather ahead of us, criminals that are on the loose, and much more. So the television can keep you safe, make sure you don’t plan a birthday in the rain, and even find out when our war could be over.
Kids need another source besides their parents to prepare them for things ahead in their life. There are plenty of things that they can do but television is one of the best. It has many shows that they can watch and learn, but not get bored and leave. Television is also a good because it can mentally prepare kids for school (television is a bad influence). A test has results that show that kids who watched PBS and other shows like that did better in school in their early stages of life (good effects of television on your kid). If you don’t overload on entertainment television then it could easily be a great influence.
Television is a good recourse for all ages. For parents it could be good for cooking and workout programs. For teens it can help them learn for school, like the history channel or the discovery channel. It also has many shows that mix in entertainment and learning that many kids watch. After reading this you should know that television is obviously more of a good influence then bad. A Pew Research Center survey found that fifty two percent of Americans get their news from television. Ninety percent of adults said they watch television news either daily or at least a few times a week (arguments that television not a bad influence). The three major things you learned about, was that television is an easy and inexpensive way to get information, it allows people to experience things first hand, and it mentally prepares kids for school.