YouTube...Is it Really For YOU? | Teen Ink

YouTube...Is it Really For YOU?

June 23, 2011
By AddieLynnLynn SILVER, Dallas, Georgia
AddieLynnLynn SILVER, Dallas, Georgia
5 articles 1 photo 4 comments

Does it ever seem to occur that
Every time you search the web, it's most likely that you will find an inappropriate comment, picture, or something completely immature? Today in this world, it seems that that these unreasonable web posts are making our world go round. Or are they? One of the websites where I see these mishaps going in at are on YouTube- where you can publicly broadcast yourself on the internet for free. So many revealing videos and slide shows are posted every day. Now, I am NOT saying YouTube is a bad website, because that would be a 100% lie! I love YouTube, and I think it is SO amazing! Not only can you get educated, but you can catch up with your family, friends, AND learn how to play 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift on the guitar! There are so many uses for this wonderful website, while there are so many who abuse it everyday. So here's the million dollar question: How can we stop all these inappropriate posts? Truthfully, everyone cannot be happy at the same time, so there will always be that one person abusing the web. But just like a disease, you can stop the side effects. So many people are insecure about themselves and throw their problems on others, which then makes 2 people insecure- and on and on. Wow. What I say needs to happen is that everyone should understand the effects just one person could have on one million people. What you say may not only effect yourself, but may also hurt someone else. Say for instance you say something hurtful to someone. Then, suddenly they cut them self or commit suicide. How would you feel if you did that to an innocent person? And to add to that, what if you felt so bad for what you did, you committed suicide. There goes 2 people, plus all the pain and suffering you put your family and friends through for passing away. You never know, you may just cause them to hurt themselves,too. I am here to tell you- it's like a huge domino effect! So step back and take a look. Is YouTube really for YOU?


The author's comments:
I really do hope at least one person gets some information out of this, because I would still be making a difference! I may only be an upcoming freshman, but I have seen so many lives plummet downhill just because of one person. You may not believe it now, but as you grow older you develop more affection for others, even the ones you may not like. Trust me on this one, I've seen it many times!