YouTube...Is it Really For YOU?

Does it ever seem to occur that
Every time you search the web, it's most likely that you will find an inappropriate comment, picture, or something completely immature? Today in this world, it seems that that these unreasonable web posts are making our world go round. Or are they? One of the websites where I see these mishaps going in at are on YouTube- where you can publicly broadcast yourself on the internet for free. So many revealing videos and slide shows are posted every day. Now, I am NOT saying YouTube is a bad website, because that would be a 100% lie! I love YouTube, and I think it is SO amazing! Not only can you get educated, but you can catch up with your family, friends, AND learn how to play 'Love Story' by Taylor Swift on the guitar! There are so many uses for this wonderful website, while there are so many who abuse it everyday. So here's the million dollar question: How can we stop all these inappropriate posts? Truthfully, everyone cannot be happy at the same time, so there will always be that one person abusing the web. But just like a disease, you can stop the side effects. So many people are insecure about themselves and throw their problems on others, which then makes 2 people insecure- and on and on. Wow. What I say needs to happen is that everyone should understand the effects just one person could have on one million people. What you say may not only effect yourself, but may also hurt someone else. Say for instance you say something hurtful to someone. Then, suddenly they cut them self or commit suicide. How would you feel if you did that to an innocent person? And to add to that, what if you felt so bad for what you did, you committed suicide. There goes 2 people, plus all the pain and suffering you put your family and friends through for passing away. You never know, you may just cause them to hurt themselves,too. I am here to tell you- it's like a huge domino effect! So step back and take a look. Is YouTube really for YOU?

julian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I myself personally love YouTube, but your article raises some interesting dilemmas. I definitely will not be throwing my troubles on others via public sites. Very well written article! You obviously do a lot of thinking about the world, and its nice that you can relate that in a positive way. Keep writing! Oh, and I have an article that I recently posted about my ideas of the universe. I'd like some feedback on it, so if you want to you should check it out. Thanks!

AddieLynnLynn replied...
Hi Julian! Thanks for commenting, it means alot! To tell you the truth, I love YouTube, too! There has just been so much hatred I've seen that has not only affected me, but even my friends! Even people I don't know! I love YouTube, I don't like the people who abuse it!

julian This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 11:14 am
Yeah I know! Its terrible, and a bad way for people to vent their feelings. They're just going to get hate comments, which will make them feel even worse, and its just a vicious cycle! Thanks for your comment on my article! I'm glad I changed your view about the universe! That in itself is the biggest compliment I could get on my work, because writing is all about opening up people's minds to new ideas. So you are awesome! And you're a good writer, and this article should be published in the mag... (more »)

AddieLynnLynn replied...
Jul. 13, 2011 at 11:34 am
Thankyou, and as for you, yours should get published,too.