Music's Message | Teen Ink

Music's Message

By ashliedraper BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona
ashliedraper BRONZE, Glendale, Arizona

When an artist produces music it can send out a message to the people listening to it. Music nowadays eighty-five percent of the time has a very negative vibe. With all the kids and teens listening to today’s music, it may be giving them the wrong impression about what is right and what is wrong.

Today’s music industry seems to be sending a theme along the lines of drugs, sex, alcohol, strippers etc. Occasionally there will be songs about love or having fun. The lyrics can be very vulgar. Rihanna likes to sing about sex and how “chains and whips” excite her. Eminem always sings from the heart and from experience but he also tends to sing about sex and women. There is always Bruno Mars and Justin Bieber who just love girls just the way they are and how they just need somebody to love. A lot of the music now, kids ages seven through twelve should not be listening to. Hopefully the teenage generation knows better, but we all know that common sense is not very common for some people. Popular artists do not care if their music is inappropriate because they know that no matter what they are still going to make money off of it.

Parents should not allow their young children to listen to some of this unsuitable music. It has the ability to give those kids the wrong idea. Hopefully these kids will know better and the music industry might improve.