What's So Bad About Country Music?

By , Tulsa, OK
I live in Oklahoma in a normal sized town but has plenty of small town qualities. I'm pretty into country music to, and for some reason when people find out that I like country music about 70% of them say ewe.When they never even heard a country song before in there life. I had to say what the heck. They're dogging something they don't know about.I hate rap , not to offend anyone who likes it ,but I've heard rap before and I do not like it.The reason why I like country is because it's who I am.If you like rap ,well that's your thing . I don't judge a person by what they like music wise.Also again not to offend anyone , but the majority of rap songs talk about rape or killing or someone,and on You Tube the music video will get like 10,000,000 views or something.While a song that shows good family values gets less than 200,000 views.Again that's just my opinion.Another thing I don't get is if it's country whats just so bad about it? Why do people hate it , I understand if its not you thing but whats so bad about it?Its not like the music smells bad or anything or bites .

Realjay41This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:01 am
I love country music. It makes me feel better.

countrylife said...
i totally agree. i live in the city, so i get a lot of crap about country music  

gymgrl said...
 I liked this post! I am a huge country music fan, and its amazing how many of my friends say they hate country music, i make them listen to a song, and often their answer is, that was actually really good! This post was spot on.

Rshadows replied...

i totaly agree i live in a hick town and even most people out here say they hate country yet this is a country town ....i'll admit that i like metal but still how can you hate country when most of todays music like pop, rock, and rap generated from good ol country music?