Expand your taste in MUSIC

By , London, United Kingdom
I really cannot understand when asked 'what do you listen to?' people always say a specific genre of music. Ok, I understand everyone has their own opinion but I find it so boring just listening to one type of music! But I'm not going to be a hypocrite considering I was the girl who would only listen to pop music a few years ago...and i'll admit the music I listened to looking back was what you would call 'crappy music' but I've been researching different music and ive found music that I really like... heres some songs that I love, give them ago! If you dont normally like to step outside your music zone, I suggest you give it a try. I understand the a lot of you have probably heard these songs before.

Kleerup - Until We Bleed
Vanessa Carlton - Paradise
Placebo - Running Up That Hill
Muse - Sunburn
Muse - Showbiz
Coldplay - Spies
Snow Patrol and Martha Wainwright - Set The Fire To The Third Bar

LF282 said...
Oct. 9, 2010 at 6:47 am
Vanessa Carlton is awesome.

Aaliyah1 replied...
Oct. 14, 2010 at 5:00 am
YES. I love her!

Ghostgem102 said...
I totally understand, which kind of annoys me that people only listen to one genre, but also, there was a time like you, where I only listen to one type of music..Or in other words. Just one band! So people really should be more open minded about music. And by the way, I love the song "Set the fire to the third bar"!!

Aaliyah1 replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 8:08 am
yes its a great song =] i hear you. It's so narrow minded of people

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like your message. Of course, music is so complicated and so wonderful that it must be explored. Listening to the same thing over and over does not inspire anything in us. I must say, forgive me for my pride, that I'm pretty open about music.

Thesilentraven This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Just, no Justin Bieber.

Aaliyah1 replied...
Oct. 8, 2010 at 8:06 am
I hear you! and yes NO justin bieber, does he even count as real music?

InvisibleNerdGirl replied...

The day that Justin Bieber counts as real music will also be marked by the Four Horsemen riding in...

(good article, by the way. I've been looking for new songs, so thank you! :) )

AllSoPlayfulWhenYouDemonizeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
today at 7:44 pm
I don't like Justin Bieber music or personality at all... But you really shouldn't make fun of someone for the way they write. He's still a human being, jeez.

today at 7:45 pm
@Aaliyah1 Placebo and Muse are two of my favorite bands(: Your article was lovey!