Screamo: Music or Not?

There is quite a lot of dispute between older adults and the younger generations over weather or not "Screamo" is considered music or not.
My mother will probably go to her grave believing screamo isnt music. she says its just noise,and theres no music there. so i presented her with the obvious: theres instruments, vocals,melodies, and harmonies. she wasnt going for it. then,i took it to a different level. i told her how music is everchanging,and evolving like humans,this is a new stage that should be accepted.its just people trying to make their place in the world, and express how they feel through music. they portray it in that way because,maybe they just like it,maybe thier"angry" maybe they just want to stand out,or,they just want to do what they love. theyt dont want to be judged just because they like to scream.
my opinion: I love screamo,grind core, crunk/crab core, and emotronica. but i also love country, celtic, and many other music types. i listen to music that matches how i feel,if im hyper id listen to techno, or emotronica(techno with scream vocals)country when im working in the yard at home, or at a family gathering,celtic when im relaxing at night, and so forth.people know howw i feel by what i listen and how loud. thats how i express my feelings in a safe environment.
I'm a music lover ot the core, singing since i could talk playing cello for 4 years. my world is music, it's shaped who i am, in a way people cant begin to understand. I have no dream other than to do what i love for a living, i want to sing. and attend McNally Smith college of music,its a dream ive had for years. and though ill be judged,fought,and disapproved, by others, ill hold on to that dream,still listening ot whatever music i want ot listen to. because whether people Scream till their blue, or sing the blues, music is music, and it has a very special place in my heart.

nizzy75 said...
Sept. 26, 2012 at 9:36 am
I love screamo and metal music and i agree that their not just screaming for no apprent reason they are standing above the crowd to be who they are and exspress it through music

XXXBREE said...
Nov. 3, 2011 at 9:42 am
SCREAMO is like totally awesome,, They actually say words instead of some people thinking they're just yelling .. for unimportant reasons.

Emo ReNeGaDe replied...
i defenitly agree, but not all screamo bands scream, not every song is likethat, for instance "40 Days" by BlessTheFall, no screaming in that, and its my favorite song. Plus screamo is not all about the lyrics or screaming, it was mainly about the instrumental. Just stop and listen to the intruments once in a while, youll get it.

lilMissPurdy said...
Screamo music is freaking amazing way better than taylor swift!!! Taylor swift suxs!!

xxapophisxx said...
Technically, all music is is organized noise.  And screaming isn't as easy as it seems.  Some of the most talented musicians scream, it takes practice.

chucknorri said...
Also "screamo" is really usually death metal. from there its not far to amazing music, like Metallica

nizzy75 replied...
Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:32 am
I disagree very much screamo is nothing like death metal and i agree metallica is a great band but you cant compare ckassics to nu breed of metal

chucknorri said...
Scremo is music...but its like taylor swift--not good, but still music.

loop2468 replied...
Oct. 11, 2011 at 11:17 am
did i read this right? like TAYLOR SWIFT? nonononono!!!!!! screamo is great music. :P

brandi renae replied...
ARE YOU SERIOUS IT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO TAYLOR SWIFT

WiteOut said...
hey, arent you always hyper rofl... i completely agree with this :P