iPods in school

My opinion about iPods in school. When I’m working in school and all the annoying kids that are talking are distracting me and I wish I had my iPod. IPods are a good thing because music relaxes the mind and helps you get things done fast and good. When you’re sitting in class working and the students are all talking it is hard to concentrate on your work. That is what an iPod is for.
When you are listening to your iPod and you can’t hear anything in the background it is very relaxing. Which is perfect for concentrating on getting work done. Sometimes I will be sitting in class with my iPod in and the teacher doesn’t know and I will just get my work done fast and excellent. For those of you who have not tried it you should it is amazing and you will be surprised how good it actually works.
Another good reason we should allow iPods is because when you are sitting in class and the annoying kids are talking it would be nice to have your iPod to block the sound of voices so you can concentrate. One time I was in Mr. P’s class and this group of children started talking and they would not be quiet and I wished I could have my iPod but I couldn’t.
This is why the state should allow iPods in all classes.

Maggie H. said...
Jul. 13, 2012 at 11:44 am:

Yes true but also at my school some kids have their ipods way too loud and the whole class can pick out what kind of music they're listening to.

ItsMyHaus said...
Mar. 18, 2011 at 4:08 pm:
thankfully in my two most annoying classes, the teachers just dont care, so i listen to my ipod if i need to get my mind back to the work and off the annoying people around me. also, it is the parents that either pay taxes to the town or that pay tuition for some schools, so we should be able to use whatever we want while in the school that our families paid for.

The Intelllectual!@ replied...
Nov. 10, 2011 at 1:04 pm :
You are very ignorant about the world you live in.   Public School is actually free. college is paid for.  

BlueRainThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 26, 2012 at 3:36 pm :
Technically it's not free. The teachers are paid through taxpayer money, and the schools are probably built from taxpayer money too. 

SaphirraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 11, 2011 at 12:20 pm:
I agree. Our class has a HUGE problem with being quiet. The teacher can barely get through. After test and quizzes we usually have free time. I choose to read but everyone else just keeps talking! I cannot read with people trying to have conversations with me in the middle.

MadamMercyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:48 am :
i also agree after im done with my work i like to read but i cant cocentrate on my reading because my stupid classmates wont shut the flip up! if i could listen to my ipod i can cocentrate on my reading and on my work.

oliver clothsoff said...
i agree with this article because people can get annoying at some times and it would help to have an ipod to ignore people but kids steal and if people see it they will try and steal it

LMBFA said...
May 26, 2010 at 7:59 pm:
our school lets us have ipods, cellphones, ipads and anything electronic and we can use them in class without the teacher telling us off. its great because people annoy me when im working so i turn my ipod up loud.

aganetha said...
May 26, 2010 at 12:14 pm:
it is sometimes a good idea to have an ipod in school because as said before by serena that some people concentrate better and others dont, but for those that do it could be easier for them because of maybe the class is too loud or distracting. does that make sense? by the way i love the name serena:)

Rose_in_the_Concrete said...
May 23, 2010 at 10:48 pm:
i agree, ipods were made for a reason. my school doesnt allow them only for the reason of getting it stolen, but whats the point of stealing them if everyone has one?

serena replied...
May 24, 2010 at 8:40 pm :

not everyone has one and people could take an ipod to sell.

Having ipods in school would only work for some people because some people concentrate best with music and others can't pay attention to music and school at the same time. I vary between the two, but often I just stop working and listen, which obviously doesn't make it go faster.

seems to me that the main problem is the people who are talking.

Aug. 30, 2012 at 10:50 am :
i also agree with u serena