Untitled

Violent and sexually explicit popular music is the root of many of society's problems and should be banned is what most people say and believe. Banning music would be like another Pearl Harbor. Silence is more or so "silver" and music is "gold". People make it seem like music brain washes you into do things out of the ordinary. God did not put music on this earth to control your actions; thats why he gave you a mind. Your mind is the element, part, substance, or process that reasons, thinks, feels, wills, perceives, and judges. The capability of the mind that God gave us is far too intelligent to be corroded or changed by some "Chopped & Screwed" lyrics. Music is a good "drug" infested via the ear, the food for the soul, and forever. Music is the essence of all humanity the one thing that you are apart of.

Most music is become indigenous to a persons soul; their second life. Music is indefinable by words alone. It is not only something you hear but what you feel. It is something your soul can reach out and touch. It originates from all over the world since time began. Complex or simple, fast or slow, loud or soft. It is what you feel, or it could be your method of escape or it could just keep you alive. If you ban music the you ban cultures. For example the Jamaica Broadcasting Commission put a ban on all videos with daggering(gyrating, sex like positions) included. This has been a part of their dance halls and traditions for centuries. Most Jamaicans call it a reflection of the decay in our moral fabric.

Some people believe that daggering is degrading to women, but it takes a women to degrade her self. "Daggering" is a two person more the less "job" ;its basically free will. Why ban something that is choose to be done?. Jamaica is just trying to make up for their long record of Human Rights Abuse by getting rid of all sexual music and gestures. Daggering has been in their culture for ages and now in 2009 they decide to place a ban on it. Why now? Why so late?

Music is culture and if u ban music then you erase present and soon to come culture. Now sexual lyrics can give parents a easier way to warn their kids about sex or at least allow them to be aware. People personify music entirely to much. They make it seem that music chokes you with a rope and forces upon you bad actions. Actions are chosen by the mind not rhythmical vocals. So with all is said and done music should not be ban unless you want to loose the joys of life.

dreamxentertain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with what you said. Music should not be banned. If you don't want to hear it, turn it off.

XxBVBGRLxX said...
I completely agree with you. Censoring music as well as movies and art is ridiculous!! If you are offended or put off by a certain type of music, then don't listen to it. One person does not have the right to tell another that the music they like should be censored from society. Simply don't listen to it!!!