The Cove

You are swimming along peacefully with your pod. Suddenly men in boats start banging hammers on metal poles. The sound drives you away from them into "the cove". A net is put on your only exit, you are scared to death for yourself and you pod. You are trapped there over night. In the morning zoo keepers come to pick some of you out for there zoo the rest of you are slaughtered. When you are pulled out of the water and one of the men drives a spear through your heart all you can think is why". The truth is 2,000 dolphins are killed every year in Taiji, Japan. Most of the dolphins are sold as whale meat. Dolphins have a very high mercury content enough to kill. That's why the government sells it labled as a different animal. It was about to be served n school lunches, when two very brave men came forward and told people about it. When the citizens of Taiji were questioned about the dolphins they were horrified. The government kept this all a secret. But people are trying to help these dolphins. One man made a documentary about it. When the documentary was released many people saw it. And in 2009 the dolphin hunters did not go to the cove because of the expliotation. For now the dolphin hunters are stopped, but they won't stop forever. We have to keep trying until they cease. 2,000 dolphins dead, and you could help save them. Let's stop the dolphin hunters of Taiji!

Infoz said...
Dec. 4, 2014 at 9:22 am
According to the documentary, 23,000 dolphins are killed every year at the cove.

stopandrewind said...

i wrote on the cove subject. i was horrified at what the taiji people were doing. and i watched the doco.

hootowl4 said...
i love it  very informative creative yet sad...

TwiTwi's friend said...
Apr. 16, 2010 at 10:50 am
Great article.  Full of kindness and compassion.  Let's see more of your work

bloomingval said...
i hope we'll see more of your writing up on TeenInk soon!

MayDay replied...
Thanks for the nice comment!!!!!!!

bloomingval said...
This is a wonderfully written article, and makes me want to go out and save the dolphins - and watch this movie again!