Reality TV is Wrong

I believe that reality TV - when it involves children - is wrong. My best friend was on Wife Swap when she was 12. I of course can't speak for anyone, but I don't think she was happy.
If children can't sign these contracts to appear on these shows, they shouldn't be subject to them. It's emotionally damaging; the camera laps up tears and others pain. I think it's completly wrong and it should be banned from involving children.

pictolover said...
Apr. 22, 2010 at 10:33 am:
i initially loved reality tv. wife swap was great when it started. but now they take it to the extremes. they pair couples that they know will hate each other from the start. they should save the families embarrassment and cut these programs

LoveOfWords replied...
Apr. 22, 2010 at 2:06 pm :
Yeah. Well, that's the whole idea, innit? Make the fur fly so people will watch. I mean, it's partly the fault of the people who sign up, but it's still wrong and kids shouldn't be involved. Kids aren't allowed to sign contracts and stuff, so why should they be victims to things they can't consent to?

LoveOfWords said...
Apr. 15, 2010 at 6:01 am:
Yeah, that's pretty much what I was trying to say, only better put.

xHoldOn said...
i agree that kids should be kept off reality shows, mainly for their own good. but i dont see the point in all the reality programmes like, Wife Swap and Big Brother. some people might like to watch them, but i think programmes like this (when watched by a younger generation) influence people in a bad way and can change the way some people grow up. i dont agree with them at all.

FunXsize3 said...
Apr. 9, 2010 at 10:43 am:
cruel and unusuall is a little dramatic...???

LoveOfWords replied...
Apr. 10, 2010 at 4:59 am :
Yeah, probably. I was just really ticked off when I wrote it.