Why Music Should be Censored

Have you ever pondered the thought of why our society is cursing so much? Did you predict what the source of this problem is? There is a great chance that the origin of our society cursing is uncensored music .Music should be censored because the profanity in it models children to use fowl language and goes against people’s moral values and religion.

Initially uncensored music that many listen to is getting to the younger generation .We all know that children are our future .What happens a majority of the time when a juvenile hears a new word ,they use the new word right? Eventually most children will be using profanity .The real question is, how will our society be in ten years from now.
Additionally music should be censored because hearing cursing in the public is disturbing .To my understanding music helps calm the nerves .When you are relaxing do you really want to hear explicit language. The outcome will be public life being less pleasant .Some people enjoy censored music just because it makes their everyday life a little more placid.
Ultimately, the largest con of having uncensored music is that it goes against beliefs .Music that is not censored may affect the way people interpret their beliefs ,and potentially will become a bad habit throughout that religion. Some people probably enjoy songs that swear, but maybe it's because they don't know realize how immoral using fowl language is. Imprecate music changes the way these people live life.

If someone were to ask me my opinion whether music should be censored or not ,I will respond by saying music that is not filtered is rapidly changing beliefs ,corrupting children ,and disturbing the peace .I don't see the purpose of having profanity in music anyway.

YhalainenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 8:01 pm
I believe that a government cannot restrict the way people express themselves through music or any other art form without good cause. Any such legislation would be undemocratic and paternalistic. I do not believe that an increase in the use of profanity justifies any form of censorship. Whether a person chooses to listen to music which contains profanity and/or adopts such language is entirely up to them. Furthermore, I do not believe that uncensored music is the main reason for growing acceptan... (more »)

Lawson322 said...
Apr. 5 at 8:30 am
It is a person's choice whether they want to expose themselves to this type of music or not. Censoring art is not okay, as it violates our right to the freedom of speech, and limits creativity. If you don't want to listen to this kind of stuff, that's your choice, but don't try to make my choice for me. They're just words

AMMMEN said...
Mar. 31 at 3:42 pm
Amen man, amen

NotALiberal said...
Mar. 10 at 5:39 pm
Yes, people should have the decency to censor what is heard by children, however, it should never be forced to. The parents should perhaps take a role and insure that their children are protected.

Hdgdfhtf J. said...
Jan. 15 at 4:38 pm
lmfaoo lmfao lmfao lmfao lmfao

catty98eThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 14 at 3:56 pm
Amen, this is a great message, well written. I love it. I agree with you all the way.

Hdgdfhtf J. replied...
Jan. 15 at 4:42 pm
i get u man i get u amen

Osnofla said...
I believe there is not much we can do at this point except create a fundation of values in our children to separate good and bad. I do believe that there needs to bee a reexamination of moral values in lyrics, but not censorship. Children are also vunerable to psycological programing in nature. They absorb everything they hear and see. They need to pe limited to what they hear. Adults are the ones who should be aware of these dangers and limit their children. Music artist should also be aware of... (more »)

Springading This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I think that music without censorship can change views... but by no means do I think thats bad. It does not force change upon ones views, but it just exposes people to different viewpoints. Its good to have a free, open mind, and censorship can limit someone from developing their own thoughts and opinions based on what they want to believe.

Woolf said...
Cursing should not be used all willy nilly. If you are trying to get a point across, and REALLY trying to get the person/people your targeting to shut up and listen, then you would need the shock value to make them say, "Oh wow, this guy means business. Let's see what he has to tell us." Harry Nilsson's song "Your Breaking My Heart, So F**k You", would not have the same affect on his ex-wife if he said "Your Breaking My Heart, Darn It". Swearing should be used in important parts of art. If you w... (more »)

The_lonely_one said...
You're opinion is directly violating the first amendment. The artist has THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of words to chose from, and they chose those specific words. There is a meaning behind the word's. Maybe they are saying how they are tired of the world's garbage. Maybe they are showing they're pain. Will we ever know? No. All I know is when a song is censored it is the United States government violating the First Amendment.

RowdyPhilosopher This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm a Christian, and I wholeheartedly disagree with you. Cusswords do not "offend" me, depsite the fact that your argument sets me up to be offended. Think about it. Where did swear words come from? What constitutes a swear word being a swear word? The world is full of so many various languages, cultures, creeds, etc., that a swear word is not wrong in itself, it is only wrong by a societal standard. The word "bloody" here in America is not a cuss but it is in Britain. ... (more »)

LilJohnny said...
Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:35 am
I think that people should censory music because those silly ol' rappers got onions in their pants

MoDurban said...
Nov. 7, 2013 at 9:22 am
Music the international language of Love and Peace.  Now it’s the international language of profanity with videos of obscenity. How do you stop 3 and 4 year olds from listening to the radio? How do you stop them from repeating the profanities? How do you stop their parents from beating them for swearing or even beating them to death? Not impossible to happen if it has not happened already. These musicians say “Thank God for my career” ... (more »)

SarahM15 said...
Honestly, music has nothing to do with profanity in children. That's a sign of laziness or low discipline by the parents. Kids are taught what is and isn't appropriate language. Profanity isn't just in music, it's everywhere. There are tons of people who listen to music with foul language, yet a lot of those people don't swear themselves. It's a choice, and it depends on what rules and morals their parents taught them, not what type of music they listen to.

Scubasam12 said...
Music should not be censored! I hate hearing music on the radio and then every 5 seconds it's bleep her bleep I'm bleep bleep bleep I hate it

Anthonyhitsbombs7 said...
It should not be censored.

creepaderp replied...
that was well seaid and perfectly explained

WriterBlocker15 said...
Hi, I'm a fellow journalist/ writer and deeply respect your opinion, but if you want to say these things, get some evidence behind you, or else it's just a post that should go on facebook or something.

Vaudeville said...
I don't think I've ever felt so strongly about a post on the Internet discussing music. However, I'll try and break it down as much as I can, rebutting your every point with clear-cut arguments. 
i) Music is supposed to calm people.
Lolnope. Sure, some genres are. But most of it, it's supposed to evoke emotions out of you.
For example, screamo is supposed to make you think about the lyrics, even if that makes you sad.
Punk is supposed... (more »)