My personal opinion on TV.

I hate the fact that girls and boys seem to think that they should act like the people on TV.When the girls wear ultra short shorts and tight shirts that show off their boobs the girls watching it go out and do that.If Ashely Tisdale goes out and hooks up with every guy she can are you supposed to do that too?No!If you see guys walking down the streets smoking a cigarette do you follow?If you see a guy on TV shoot a guy do you follow?No!Peer pressure is almost worse on TV!Kids listen to things on TV and think that have to do that to be ''cool''.Then they put these ultra skinny models on there and their eating disorder.That just makes it worse!Put positive things on TV not ugly dirty mess.It shows how the world is getting worse and worse.It makes me so mad when I see that.You should act like you have sense not go and do everything Britney Spears does.Ten year old girls going out and wearing tons of makeup trying to be like their favorite star on TV and the parents think oh its nothing.Then a few years later its too late.Should of said something.I mean ya you make your own decisions in life,but come on we don't need the TV saying its good to have sex,do drugs,and cuss.That's why I hate turning on the TV because I see that!I just hope that parents try their best to make their kids not get intro that and just ignore it.Its hard though to do that when its all around you.Are you supposed to go out and drinking beer all night till you pass out?Seriously there should be like no TV.Maybe that would help a little and don't even get me started on the internet....

Sapphire07 said...
Jun. 22, 2013 at 5:54 pm:
Although it may be helpful to change some things on TV, there are still bad things in this world. There are still acts such as what you mentioned above going on in the real world, and kids will try to act older or like what they see as "cool" regardless if things are changed on TV or not. There wouldn't be so many kids following things that they see on TV if more parents took proper actions against the wrong behaviors expressed by their children as a result of TV.

SaddleShoeGal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 5:31 pm:
I feel exactly the same way! That is why I like watching old TV shows and movies because people had modesty back then, and the humor in it is a good kind of humor and not sick and twisted. You should look at a couple of my articles, I've written about this subject, too.