Remembering the Classics

Teens, actually, everyone, nowadays, do not appreciate classic movies or television shows. Today, everyone watched reality shows, or other shows and movies with more violence and sex than necessary. Parents are never sure what to let their children watch anymore.

Back in the fifties and sixties, the media was more censored, and everything was geared towards the whole family. Take "Leave it To Beaver" for example, there were morals in the story, with some comedy, and it was great for the whole family to watch, the parents didn't have to make sure it was appropriate before-hand. Comedy the was great for the whole family, but now there are dirty jokes everywhere, and it just isn't funny anymore.

What is happening to our society? Think of the actors and actresses who are doing the acting. I'm sure many of them would much rather be doing something else in the show or movie, instead of making love to someone they don't know very well.

Remember the good old days when modesty was important? Now, nobody cares what they look like, even if they are just wearing two scraps of fabic.

Back when Rock and Roll came into being, the singers could actually sing, and they didn't need to wear crazy costumes and wear a pound of makeup to attract attention. Today, singers, or rather screamers, do all that and more, and most of them just look terrible!

Many people I know won't even think of watching a classic movie, TV show, or listen to music from the fifties, it's just too "uncool" and they don't want to be caught like that. We should appreciate what our past was like, and try to replicate it, if at least in the entertainment world. I'm sure it will be for the best.

ZadaRox101 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like a lot of music today and a lot of movies/tv shows, but nothing can beat/replace the classics! I haven't found that many songs from this decade that I put on repeat and never take off, but fifties/sixties music, you don't have a choice but to listen to the same song hour after hour! Great article!!

SaddleShoeGal This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you, and I do the same thing! I just keep listening and listening to the same music, and I never get bored of it!

Amphodite_11 said...
May 16, 2010 at 10:43 am
I mostly watch really old shows too like Gilligan's Island. I agree, I don't like most new shows and music from today.

I went to Prom a few days ago, and they were playing modern music. I really didn't like it, so I requested Dean Martin! 

xxTokyoXX said...
I love leave it to beaver.I hate the fact that tv is like it is now!

I'm glad there are other people out there who agree with me! Most people I know don't!

notebookgirl said...
im 13 and i listen to the 40's radio station, i love it

That's awesome! I love Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters!

Alpha-Lyrae said...
AGREED!!!!!! Fully and completely!

MLEluvshistory This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
People just don't understand what our society has become, and how great it used to be!