The Vampire Diaries vs Twilight

Many say that ‘the Vampire Diaries’ is just a copy of ‘Twilight’. Honestly, I ask how it could be; yes the story includes very good looking vampires and an awkward seventeen year old girl. Really? Is that the only thing you can find in common? Because I find very little similarities. And dislike me if you may but honestly I prefer ‘the Vampire Diaries’ because it is more realistic.
Now you may ask me: Realistic, it is about vampires? Look at Bella from ‘Twilight’, yes, she is beautiful but she is…dumb. Let me say, “I am a vampire,” she says “I am not afraid”. Really? I am not afraid of you even though you can kill me within seconds, no matter how much you try not to you cannot stop? Whereas, Elena in ‘the Vampire Diaries’ reacts with much more fear and reality. Avoiding Stefan, she will understand she is safe, she is not being stupid.
‘The Vampire Diaries’ is a decent show, I personally am ashamed of watching it because I thought it was dumb before I even saw it on television. But then I watched it and it is like…drawing. There is history that is intelligent, the actors are attractive and the acting is, well may not be the best but it is still better than ‘Twilight’. The story line in this TV show is more than just a love story between a human and vampire, it is passion and true, yet there is more. There are problems and there is history, there is not just the creepy ‘love’ that Edward shows Bella.
For a conclusion I believe that ‘the Vampire Diaries’ is an above average TV show, with gorgeous actors and a storyline that is worth your while.
But again, that is just my opinion.

Guess180 said...
May 31 at 9:45 pm
If that is so then both of them took a few ideas, because tvd does have a love story between a vampire and a human teenager in both them but tvd is very different and has a completely different plot. And if you really want  to talk about the love story thing then twilight would be the on ripping of tvd since the book came out in1991 and the show is based on the book. But still tvd has very different protagnists and also enemies and they made a weird vampire baby which baby together, that a ... (more »)

Forever More said...
Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:23 am
go to forever more reviews on wordpress

my.freedom.lies.in.free.verse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
TWILIGHT (2005) RIPPED OFF VAMPIRE DIARIES (1991)!!!

Treto16 said...
im neutral. i like both storylines. In the vampire diaries comic con, the director said he was/is a huge fan of twilight. so he used some ideas.

vazenitran98 said...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 11:41 am
I love the Vampire Diaries,too! Better plot and is quite longer than the Twilight Saga.

BananasAmuseMe:) said...

Oh and yeah I forgot- PROPER BADDIES!

Katherine(Elenas Doppelganger: Or is elena hers?) Is purely evil, and Klaus, well, they make for proper villains :)

BananasAmuseMe:) said...

nd the vampires and werewolves are so much better. And cooler :) And the way they portray high school is pretty well done;

And finally- as me and my friends say- If you want a real vampire , get a Salvatore. Edwards just a gay sparkly fairy :)

yazmin said...

i think that twilight has copied vampire diaries.

anway i prefer vampire diaires

twilight is just lame

happy624 replied...
i like vampire diaires too but damon is so hot <3

winterzdream said...
Its actually the complete opposite people. The Vampire Diaries was originally published in 1991 WAY before Twilight was ever around. Read the first chapter online somewhere or at a book store and just see the striking similarities in some of the elements. Now the show itself has taken on the popular legends but people seriously Vampire and Werewolf stories existed long before twilight and many of them are ten times better than the fan catering Meyers pulled out her bum after Twilight had its success.

yazmin replied...
yeah ur soo right i agree with u! :)

my.freedom.lies.in.free.verse This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Exactly. Cmon people Bella is completely lame and a loser, and Vampire Diaries was written in 1991!!!!!!!!!!

emmatheballerina said...
Apr. 5, 2011 at 11:51 am
Yes, Vampire diaries are very good, but i feel like you are avoiding other similarities. Stephan remains at what age? oh yes, 17, like edward. Vampire falls in love with human girl. There is a war between other vampires. The similarities are there, you just have to look. Though I wil admit, the acting is far superior to those in Twilight.

tvd fan replied...
May 31 at 9:48 pm
the vampire diaries book came out in 1991 and twiglight was written in 2005 who is ripping of who and the show is based on the book just so you know

Grace W. said...
I love The Vampire Diaries, it is my favorite book series. LJ smith, is not only describing vampire love however, she is also  creates a strong female character, by fighting her own battles and being brave. Unlike Bella, who depends on Edward all the time. Twilight sends an unrealistic image to teen girls that we girls always want guys to be there for us instead of being independent.

AMEN SISTA!

Delanafan4ever said...
Thankyou someone who beileves tehre not exactly the same , so many differeces. Would chose Vampire Diaries over Twilight any day.

Delanafan4ever replied...
there*     

dramaticgirl16 said...
Nov. 30, 2010 at 11:00 am
I like both "Twilight" and "The Vampire Diaries".

juggalo said...
the tv show vampire diaries first episode, where Elena and Stephen  meet in the school and all that was so simular to twighilt imo