The Vampire Diaries vs Twilight

Many say that ‘the Vampire Diaries’ is just a copy of ‘Twilight’. Honestly, I ask how it could be; yes the story includes very good looking vampires and an awkward seventeen year old girl. Really? Is that the only thing you can find in common? Because I find very little similarities. And dislike me if you may but honestly I prefer ‘the Vampire Diaries’ because it is more realistic.
Now you may ask me: Realistic, it is about vampires? Look at Bella from ‘Twilight’, yes, she is beautiful but she is…dumb. Let me say, “I am a vampire,” she says “I am not afraid”. Really? I am not afraid of you even though you can kill me within seconds, no matter how much you try not to you cannot stop? Whereas, Elena in ‘the Vampire Diaries’ reacts with much more fear and reality. Avoiding Stefan, she will understand she is safe, she is not being stupid.
‘The Vampire Diaries’ is a decent show, I personally am ashamed of watching it because I thought it was dumb before I even saw it on television. But then I watched it and it is like…drawing. There is history that is intelligent, the actors are attractive and the acting is, well may not be the best but it is still better than ‘Twilight’. The story line in this TV show is more than just a love story between a human and vampire, it is passion and true, yet there is more. There are problems and there is history, there is not just the creepy ‘love’ that Edward shows Bella.
For a conclusion I believe that ‘the Vampire Diaries’ is an above average TV show, with gorgeous actors and a storyline that is worth your while.
But again, that is just my opinion.

Forever More said...
Jul. 13, 2012 at 2:23 am:
go to forever more reviews on wordpress

my.freedom.lies.in.free.verseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:53 pm:
TWILIGHT (2005) RIPPED OFF VAMPIRE DIARIES (1991)!!!

Treto16 said...
Feb. 24, 2012 at 2:45 pm:
im neutral. i like both storylines. In the vampire diaries comic con, the director said he was/is a huge fan of twilight. so he used some ideas.

vazenitran98 said...
Dec. 28, 2011 at 11:41 am:
I love the Vampire Diaries,too! Better plot and is quite longer than the Twilight Saga.

BananasAmuseMe:) said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:12 pm:

Oh and yeah I forgot- PROPER BADDIES!

Katherine(Elenas Doppelganger: Or is elena hers?) Is purely evil, and Klaus, well, they make for proper villains :)

BananasAmuseMe:) said...
Jul. 14, 2011 at 11:09 pm:

nd the vampires and werewolves are so much better. And cooler :) And the way they portray high school is pretty well done;

And finally- as me and my friends say- If you want a real vampire , get a Salvatore. Edwards just a gay sparkly fairy :)

yazmin said...
Jun. 27, 2011 at 1:26 pm:

i think that twilight has copied vampire diaries.

anway i prefer vampire diaires

twilight is just lame

happy624 replied...
Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:45 pm :
i like vampire diaires too but damon is so hot <3

winterzdream said...
Its actually the complete opposite people. The Vampire Diaries was originally published in 1991 WAY before Twilight was ever around. Read the first chapter online somewhere or at a book store and just see the striking similarities in some of the elements. Now the show itself has taken on the popular legends but people seriously Vampire and Werewolf stories existed long before twilight and many of them are ten times better than the fan catering Meyers pulled out her bum after Twilight had its success.

yazmin replied...
Jun. 27, 2011 at 1:27 pm :
yeah ur soo right i agree with u! :)

my.freedom.lies.in.free.verseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:55 pm :
Exactly. Cmon people Bella is completely lame and a loser, and Vampire Diaries was written in 1991!!!!!!!!!!

emmatheballerina said...
Apr. 5, 2011 at 11:51 am:
Yes, Vampire diaries are very good, but i feel like you are avoiding other similarities. Stephan remains at what age? oh yes, 17, like edward. Vampire falls in love with human girl. There is a war between other vampires. The similarities are there, you just have to look. Though I wil admit, the acting is far superior to those in Twilight.

Grace W. said...
I love The Vampire Diaries, it is my favorite book series. LJ smith, is not only describing vampire love however, she is also  creates a strong female character, by fighting her own battles and being brave. Unlike Bella, who depends on Edward all the time. Twilight sends an unrealistic image to teen girls that we girls always want guys to be there for us instead of being independent.

Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:55 pm :
AMEN SISTA!

Delanafan4ever said...
Thankyou someone who beileves tehre not exactly the same , so many differeces. Would chose Vampire Diaries over Twilight any day.

Delanafan4ever replied...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 12:18 pm :
there*     

dramaticgirl16 said...
Nov. 30, 2010 at 11:00 am:
I like both "Twilight" and "The Vampire Diaries".

juggalo said...
the tv show vampire diaries first episode, where Elena and Stephen  meet in the school and all that was so simular to twighilt imo

Delanafan4ever replied...
Dec. 8, 2010 at 12:16 pm :
theres a lot of differencews, elena's not dumb, druggie brother, witches, actual killing, evil brother, ect.

AlexisB This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 15, 2010 at 10:50 am:
You should read the Vampire Diaries series. You will notice that that series was begun about 10 years before the first Twilight novel. This is significant because so many elements of the series are very similar, though Vampire Diaries is much better developed. (In my opinion.)