The Vampire Diaries vs Twilight | Teen Ink

The Vampire Diaries vs Twilight

By MariahS. SILVER, Leduc, Other
MariahS. SILVER, Leduc, Other

Many say that ‘the Vampire Diaries’ is just a copy of ‘Twilight’. Honestly, I ask how it could be; yes the story includes very good looking vampires and an awkward seventeen year old girl. Really? Is that the only thing you can find in common? Because I find very little similarities. And dislike me if you may but honestly I prefer ‘the Vampire Diaries’ because it is more realistic.
Now you may ask me: Realistic, it is about vampires? Look at Bella from ‘Twilight’, yes, she is beautiful but she is…dumb. Let me say, “I am a vampire,” she says “I am not afraid”. Really? I am not afraid of you even though you can kill me within seconds, no matter how much you try not to you cannot stop? Whereas, Elena in ‘the Vampire Diaries’ reacts with much more fear and reality. Avoiding Stefan, she will understand she is safe, she is not being stupid.
‘The Vampire Diaries’ is a decent show, I personally am ashamed of watching it because I thought it was dumb before I even saw it on television. But then I watched it and it is like…drawing. There is history that is intelligent, the actors are attractive and the acting is, well may not be the best but it is still better than ‘Twilight’. The story line in this TV show is more than just a love story between a human and vampire, it is passion and true, yet there is more. There are problems and there is history, there is not just the creepy ‘love’ that Edward shows Bella.
For a conclusion I believe that ‘the Vampire Diaries’ is an above average TV show, with gorgeous actors and a storyline that is worth your while.
But again, that is just my opinion.

celinec08 said...
on Apr. 5 2020 at 6:31 am
celinec08, London, Other
As a twilight fan, I have to disagree to some of the points; the actors and actresses worked super hard and fabulous in the movies. I haven't watched tvd yet but I saw a LOT of positive comments, might watch it sometime. I mean yeah, sometimes Edward could be weird, but he behaves like this because he knows what's best for bella, but creepy?! When? As for those who thinks twilight is unrealistic and illogical, I mean, that's the whole point! It's just a fantasy and romance combo, love doesn't make sense does it? But anyways, I'm not here to argue that twilight is better than tvd, but to tell you that it doesn't deserve hates. Personally I think it's some great stuff, pls dont hate.

Bubbles said...
on Nov. 9 2017 at 11:44 am
You do fucking know Edward is a vampire right? He’s supposed to act creepy, if you’re complaining that Edward acts to creepy then don’t complain he isn’t vampire enough, okay bitch? Tvd show just copies twilight and I dare you to say there was an old book—upon not reading it your tiny retarded brain will realize there’s nothing to compare. Btw the actors are average in tvd and in twilight there supposed to be perfect looking, period cracker.

Bubbles said...
on Nov. 9 2017 at 11:40 am
Are you fucking retarded? Bella is intelligent it doesn’t mention in the show if Elena is or is average or fails. BELLA actually HAS a love story, she’s FUVKING I LOVE with Edward way more than whoever Elena ends up with.

tvd fan said...
the vampire diaries book came out in 1991 and twiglight was written in 2005 who is ripping of who and the show is based on the book just so you know

Guess180 said...
If that is so then both of them took a few ideas, because tvd does have a love story between a vampire and a human teenager in both them but tvd is very different and has a completely different plot. And if you really want  to talk about the love story thing then twilight would be the on ripping of tvd since the book came out in1991 and the show is based on the book. But still tvd has very different protagnists and also enemies and they made a weird vampire baby which baby together, that a 17 year old fell in love with so yeah. 

happy624 said...
i like vampire diaires too but damon is so hot <3

Forever More said...
on Jul. 13 2012 at 2:23 am
go to forever more reviews on wordpress

my.freedom.lies.in.free.verse PLATINUM, Tosa, Wisconsin

"I'm in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into a void, and that oblivion is inevitable... and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we'll ever have, and I am in love with you." Augustus Waters

AMEN SISTA!

Exactly. Cmon people Bella is completely lame and a loser, and Vampire Diaries was written in 1991!!!!!!!!!!

TWILIGHT (2005) RIPPED OFF VAMPIRE DIARIES (1991)!!!

Treto16 SILVER said...
Treto16 SILVER, Dodge City, Kansas

Everything is beautiful, but beauty isn't everything.

im neutral. i like both storylines. In the vampire diaries comic con, the director said he was/is a huge fan of twilight. so he used some ideas.

vazenitran98 said...
on Dec. 28 2011 at 11:41 am
vazenitran98, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"I had the blues because I had no shoes until upon the street,I met a man who had no feet."

I love the Vampire Diaries,too! Better plot and is quite longer than the Twilight Saga.

Oh and yeah I forgot- PROPER BADDIES!

Katherine(Elenas Doppelganger: Or is elena hers?) Is purely evil, and Klaus, well, they make for proper villains :)

nd the vampires and werewolves are so much better. And cooler :) And the way they portray high school is pretty well done;

And finally- as me and my friends say- If you want a real vampire , get a Salvatore. Edwards just a gay sparkly fairy :)

yazmin said...
yeah ur soo right i agree with u! :)

yazmin said...

i think that twilight has copied vampire diaries.

anway i prefer vampire diaires

twilight is just lame

winterzdream said...
Its actually the complete opposite people. The Vampire Diaries was originally published in 1991 WAY before Twilight was ever around. Read the first chapter online somewhere or at a book store and just see the striking similarities in some of the elements. Now the show itself has taken on the popular legends but people seriously Vampire and Werewolf stories existed long before twilight and many of them are ten times better than the fan catering Meyers pulled out her bum after Twilight had its success.

on Apr. 5 2011 at 11:51 am
emmatheballerina GOLD, Tacoma, Washington

"It is not in our greatest glory in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall"
"I use to want the words "she tried" on my tombstone, now I want "she did it"

Yes, Vampire diaries are very good, but i feel like you are avoiding other similarities. Stephan remains at what age? oh yes, 17, like edward. Vampire falls in love with human girl. There is a war between other vampires. The similarities are there, you just have to look. Though I wil admit, the acting is far superior to those in Twilight.

T.E.Taylor said...
on Mar. 22 2011 at 10:25 am
T.E.Taylor, Johnsonburg Pa, Pennsylvania
i agree completely! everyone thinks that the vampire diaries copied Twilight. If anything the twilight saga copied the vampire diaries, and made a once menacing creature of the night into a sparkling fairy that doesn't live up to the reputation. I feel that the Vampire diaries is a more acurate account of the life of a vampire, love between the hunter and the prey, and overall just a better plot.

Grace wombo said...
Grace wombo, Brampton, Other
I love The Vampire Diaries, it is my favorite book series. LJ smith, is not only describing vampire love however, she is also  creates a strong female character, by fighting her own battles and being brave. Unlike Bella, who depends on Edward all the time. Twilight sends an unrealistic image to teen girls that we girls always want guys to be there for us instead of being independent.