Back to the Classics

By , Brookfield, MO
So It might just be me, but what is up with all this vampire stuff out. Ever since the twilight saga came out, all I see are books and movies about some vampire cults. Talk about aggravating! I wish everyone went back to reading what they are interested in. Not what is necessarily popular. I’m not trying to bash Stephanie Meyer but she started a trend that is very absurd. I don’t want to waste my time reading a bunch of stories about beasts that don’t exist. How about everyone goes back to reading classics, such as The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger and The Giver by Louis Lowry. Two superb novels worth reading multiple times.

Ashleigh909 said...
I completley agree. Do you know at my hometown Borders, they have actually created an entire QUARTER of the store to keep al the vampires? They have official merchandise, thousands upon thousands of Vampire series, from stuff that two year olds can read to stuff you have to show your ID to buy. Now, THATS totally rediculous. The teen section is right next to it, and it, the philosophy section and the the classic literature section stilll dont account for 90% of the vampire merchandise. The part ... (more »)

Lillith said...
I absolutely and completely agree with you. Even though I like vampire's, Twilight bothers me to no end. (In fact, the dictionary defines vampire as a reanimated corpse that drinks the blood of sleeping humans[that's no exact, but I know it says something like that because I used it in an essay.], so I guess They wouldn't be vampires, lol.)
It's a shame no one reads the classics anymore. The Catcher in the Rye is my favorite book and the last time I checked it out a t ... (more »)

Ashleigh909 replied...
i don't know where i have heard of that book (the catcher in the Rye) but i have. What's it about? And would you reccommend it?

Ali.B said...
I liked Twilight before it was popular. I like twilight because something in it spoke to me. NOT because it is popular.
I also like The Giver. . .

Ashleigh909 replied...
Oh, i LOVE the Giver!! we read it as a class novel in fourth grade! And i absolutley LOVED IT!

pictolover replied...
Apr. 22, 2010 at 10:27 am
dont get me wrong, i read the entire twilight series and found them reasonably fast reads but she started a very annoying phenomenon.