Justin Bieber: Can Good Looks Really Get You Anywhere In This World? | Teen Ink

Justin Bieber: Can Good Looks Really Get You Anywhere In This World?

By Emma99 GOLD, Kamloops, Other
Emma99 GOLD, Kamloops, Other

If somebody surveyed all the teenage girls in Canada and the Usa asking who the fastest growing male singer was, most of them would probably answer Justin Bieber.

Justin is currently 15 years old, born on March 14th, 1994. He was born in Stratford, Ontario. Justin first started singing in 2007, and was discovered Scooter Braun, who quickly became his manager. Justin's manager flew him to Atlanta, Georgia to sing for Usher. When Usher heard him singing he was very impressed. Antonio L.A. Reid at Island Records signed Justin to Island Records in October 2008.

Justin's first single was "One Time", and it quickly grew to the top of the charts.

I myself listened to the song, and although I found it was an okay song, I didn't worship it like lots of other girls I know did.

Wanting to know why this song had done so well, I decided to find out through some people I knew who were absolutly crazy about him.

I talked to twenty girls, aged 12 to 14, and found some similarities in their answers.

When asked why they loved him so much, this was the response I got.

16 of the people said they loved him for his 'killer looks',
2 of the people said they loved him because his singing 'came from his heart',
And the remaining 2 people said the liked him because his looks and singing.

This information pretty much informs us that even if about 80% of your fans only like you because of your looks, you can still make it far in the world.

So, with all this information, you can probably figure it out: Without the good looks, Justin probably wouldn't be quite so far in his singing career.

Hope Udarbe said...
on Feb. 11 2011 at 4:58 pm
Hope Udarbe, Westminster, Colorado
okay people stope being mean to justin bieber

on Feb. 11 2011 at 11:03 am
Number_One_Mommy GOLD, Springfield, Oregon

" Your Only Out Of The Game, When You Take Yourself Out!"
-My Daddy

Even though i kind of like his music i totally agree with this article. justin bieber is cutee...but that's the problrm. doesn't he wanna know that he is liked because of his music and not just his looks? i like the song never say never and eenie meenie but i dont craze over him. Now for all you girls out there that are going to read this and freak saying that im hating on him...I'M NOT! i could never hate justin Bieber...why you may ask? well cause i dont know him personally and i am not the type to hate when i dont know so.

Manny 300 said...
on Feb. 9 2011 at 2:47 pm

I don't jistin bie... what ever is his name he just like hanna montana with fake hair

ste[ said...
on Feb. 9 2011 at 11:12 am
I think justin bieber is not coool

lalala said...
on Feb. 9 2011 at 11:10 am
i dont know why some people like justin bieber

KatsCool GOLD said...
on Feb. 5 2011 at 5:34 pm
KatsCool GOLD, Jacksonville, Florida

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

Um hello?? Give him a break! He's only sixteen! I would listen to him, even if i didnt think he was attractive. I dont think half of the artist i like are attractive, but i still like them...

b-star7 said...
on Feb. 4 2011 at 12:50 pm
I totally agree! (But, I hate Justin so I really don't care enough to even ask those questions).

GeoffG BRONZE said...
on Feb. 1 2011 at 3:55 pm
GeoffG BRONZE, Brooklyn, New York
I feel this article is very true. Looks do get you very far, a certain charm can put the world at your fingertips. Just for future reference, or to add on to this idea, get more results. You surveyed twenty people about one person. In my opinion these results aren't staggering. I would say get more people and more variables. Otherwise great article and message!

on Jan. 27 2011 at 9:54 am
i love justin bieber! he sings so good and is ppretty cutte. i only like him because of his voice. it is partially because of his looks too though.

on Jan. 27 2011 at 9:02 am
his birthday is on the 1st of march!

on Jan. 19 2011 at 7:48 am
drakelover BRONZE, Buffalo, New York
justin b is a a good singer!!!!!!!!!!!

on Jan. 11 2011 at 2:59 pm
Tatyana DIAMOND, Colorado, Colorado

this is so true

on Jan. 9 2011 at 8:15 pm
MasterZone BRONZE, Toronto, Other
Everywhere except for North Korea, since his manager and his recording company forbidded him to go to North Korea, but he can still go to Cuba (he's Canadian, no worries for Communists), China, Vietnam, and Laos! :D

on Jan. 7 2011 at 4:05 pm
HipsterUnicorn. BRONZE, Pendleton, Oregon

"Love is the Movement."

Thank you:)

tyjyuu said...
on Jan. 7 2011 at 3:20 pm
your right

omfg2 said...
on Jan. 7 2011 at 3:17 pm
you are right he is cool he's not for one thing that why he would fit in great with someicecubes!

on Jan. 7 2011 at 10:40 am

"Love is the Movement."

I think people have made him so much bigger than he should be.. Believe me: all he is, is a cookie cutter little popstar. The kid hasn't even hit puberty, he'll be big for the moment, then fade.. Goodbye Justin.

666evil said...
on Jan. 6 2011 at 11:39 am

I hate him their is funny youtube videos bout him

on Jan. 5 2011 at 2:56 pm
I'm simply amazed at how much attention this article has gotten. From the innocent bystander's perspective...WOW. Whether you hate him or love him or, like me, are neutral, either way, we really care a lot about the fate of a 16 year old. And as for Justin....my whole family heard him sing on Saturday Night Live and thought we were listening to a girl. When e found out it was Bieber, let's just say we were all really surprised. Just saying. Daughter of Evil out.

fagalert said...
on Dec. 20 2010 at 10:06 am
yea i agree. lol people are crazy if they like him