Justin Bieber: Can Good Looks Really Get You Anywhere In This World?

If somebody surveyed all the teenage girls in Canada and the Usa asking who the fastest growing male singer was, most of them would probably answer Justin Bieber.

Justin is currently 15 years old, born on March 14th, 1994. He was born in Stratford, Ontario. Justin first started singing in 2007, and was discovered Scooter Braun, who quickly became his manager. Justin's manager flew him to Atlanta, Georgia to sing for Usher. When Usher heard him singing he was very impressed. Antonio L.A. Reid at Island Records signed Justin to Island Records in October 2008.

Justin's first single was "One Time", and it quickly grew to the top of the charts.

I myself listened to the song, and although I found it was an okay song, I didn't worship it like lots of other girls I know did.

Wanting to know why this song had done so well, I decided to find out through some people I knew who were absolutly crazy about him.

I talked to twenty girls, aged 12 to 14, and found some similarities in their answers.

When asked why they loved him so much, this was the response I got.

16 of the people said they loved him for his 'killer looks',
2 of the people said they loved him because his singing 'came from his heart',
And the remaining 2 people said the liked him because his looks and singing.

This information pretty much informs us that even if about 80% of your fans only like you because of your looks, you can still make it far in the world.

So, with all this information, you can probably figure it out: Without the good looks, Justin probably wouldn't be quite so far in his singing career.

DylanBaugher said...
May 9, 2011 at 3:01 pm:
Finally some one else sees it. Although he is about a average looking kid. But being that he is popular girls tend to see him as this super hottie... But other then that he has nothing.. he doesnt write his own music and in my opnion the music his writeres write all sound the same and  are not that great "baby baby baby oh it like baby" yea how crative (Not) its a sad turn in the music industry

justinbieber replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 11:57 am :
hater:( :):):)

JB4EVER said...
May 9, 2011 at 8:17 am:
first he does not write his songs

BPHILLI replied...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 2:46 pm :
YES HE DOES WRITE HIS SONGS YOU MORONS!!!!
YOU GUYS DON"T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT HIM

justinbieber replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 11:56 am :
i am jb so i would know if i wrote my own songs and honestly i dont scooter braun my music manager does:)

musicgirl757 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
What i'm wondering is why this is under "music"? :) just trying to be a jerk. I agree with your article and I like how you actually did research with it. Basically, from what I've seen lately whenever you talk about Justin Bieber, someone's gonna get mad. Well, as they say, avoid talking about religion, politics, Justin Bieber, and the Great Pumpkin.....although the Great Pumpkin is really badass.

LooknWonderThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 27, 2011 at 5:18 pm :
Good question. I was never aware that Justin Beiber produced music, I was aware however he was a pop icon who lip syncs his songs. 

FREYASHAWK replied...
May 1, 2011 at 8:26 pm :

I am not a fan of justin but i have watched some of his performances on tv and saw myself that he does not lip synce he dance with his fanswhich puts him out of breath. You can tell that he does not lip synce

1234mariah<3;sjb said...
Apr. 15, 2011 at 7:54 am:
wow this article is old he's 17 now.....but it was a good article

WriterGeel<3 said...
Justin Bieber has a natural aura that obviosly makes him attractive to people, not JUST from his good looks. However, he is not as utterly AMAZING as people think he is.(No offense JB) A lot of it is the monopoly of the media industry over the minds of the public.

justinbieber replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 11:59 am :

no offence was taken writergeel<3

:):):):):)

ABCs said...

Although that happens from time to time, and I do agree that Justin Bieber's good looks also contributed to his booming career in alot of ways - one of them is the fact that girls are going nuts about him because of his physical apperance which you mentioned in your article.

But, considering the fact that his music is a big part of the guy's career, it must be a huge factor, right? I mean, no 13 year-old kid gets signed and make a good impression on a celebrity like Usher... (more »)

simplyfeel said...
This has happened in the pop world so many times, it is ridiculous. Teen girls latch onto anything that is good looking and can utter a few decent notes. Remember the Jonas Brothers. The mass hysteria was caused by their looks, not their music. And the average teen girl's attention span is not that long when it is simply about a guy's looks. Nobody can survive on looks alone. That is exactly why they faded out. Girls got disinterested. They will move on from Justin Bieber too. Mediocre music and... (more »)

sundaiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 4:55 pm:
LOL!!! This is great. hahaha

luckystarr96 said...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 4:42 pm:

look, i'm 14 and i don't just love justin for his singing or looks;

i LOVE him for him, and that he puts his whole heart into his songs, and he loves all his fans, let them be a baby or 76 years old,he loves them all

sundaiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Mar. 30, 2011 at 4:57 pm :
have you met with him? haha it sounds like you know him as if you were his best friend

BPHILLI replied...
Aug. 12, 2011 at 2:47 pm :
SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!

justinbieber replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 12:01 pm :
calm down theris plenty of me to go around:)

fizzy bubblez said...
Mar. 24, 2011 at 7:39 am:
Personally i dont like JB i still dont get why people LOVE him sooooo much! Hes a good singer and all but i still dont get it.

hiimremyandimgay said...
Mar. 22, 2011 at 9:26 am:
oh my justin beibers sooooooo hot!!!!!