Justin Bieber: Can Good Looks Really Get You Anywhere In This World? | Teen Ink

Justin Bieber: Can Good Looks Really Get You Anywhere In This World?

By Emma99 GOLD, Kamloops, Other
Emma99 GOLD, Kamloops, Other

If somebody surveyed all the teenage girls in Canada and the Usa asking who the fastest growing male singer was, most of them would probably answer Justin Bieber.

Justin is currently 15 years old, born on March 14th, 1994. He was born in Stratford, Ontario. Justin first started singing in 2007, and was discovered Scooter Braun, who quickly became his manager. Justin's manager flew him to Atlanta, Georgia to sing for Usher. When Usher heard him singing he was very impressed. Antonio L.A. Reid at Island Records signed Justin to Island Records in October 2008.

Justin's first single was "One Time", and it quickly grew to the top of the charts.

I myself listened to the song, and although I found it was an okay song, I didn't worship it like lots of other girls I know did.

Wanting to know why this song had done so well, I decided to find out through some people I knew who were absolutly crazy about him.

I talked to twenty girls, aged 12 to 14, and found some similarities in their answers.

When asked why they loved him so much, this was the response I got.

16 of the people said they loved him for his 'killer looks',
2 of the people said they loved him because his singing 'came from his heart',
And the remaining 2 people said the liked him because his looks and singing.

This information pretty much informs us that even if about 80% of your fans only like you because of your looks, you can still make it far in the world.

So, with all this information, you can probably figure it out: Without the good looks, Justin probably wouldn't be quite so far in his singing career.

on Aug. 10 2011 at 10:40 am
Bookworm1998 GOLD, Brampton, Other

Preserve your memories, keep them well; what you forget, you can never retell.

born March 1st, btw. it's true, that most girls first love him when they see him cuz he is pretty hot, but i disagree that his face is the reason why he is so famous. i love his charity works, his sweet lyrics to songs for girls and other personal issuses, and adoration for his fans. to me, his amazing brown eyes and perfect smile is just a nice bonus ;)

on Jul. 26 2011 at 11:43 am
yousaypotato... SILVER, Peacedale, Rhode Island

"A good friend will bail you out of jail. But a best friend will be sitting right there with you saying 'Dang, we really screwed up this time.'"

though a i agree with you on the topic....im surprised at the fact that many people think the Biebs has "killer looks"...

on Jul. 8 2011 at 10:38 am
Thoreau420 SILVER, Martinsburg, West Virginia

"Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is its destruction." - Bob Marley

My problem is not that he sounds like a girl, or he's a little kid, hell, I even commend him for not being one of Disney's tools. In fact, I don't really hate him, just the hype around him. I'm highly dissapointed that his fame is built solely off of saying "Baby" 20 times in a catchy tune. he has no heart, he has no belief, he sings what he knows his fans want to hear. Before you listen to his songs, try listening to the complexity of lyrical geniuses like Pink Floyd or Eddie Vedder, then try to say Justin Bieber is good.

bedbug BRONZE said...
bedbug BRONZE, Seoul, Other

\"If you come to a fork in the road, take it.\" Yogi Berra. Also, \"Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.\" Courtesy of Hedy Lamarr

Rapers? Ouch.

The fame Justin Bieber has accumulated makes me lose my faith in our generation. He's famous for sounding like a little girl and saying "Baby" repeatedly. His songs and the other hugley popular songs of our generation fail to go past a rapper's self-obsession, or someone's sexual desire. Where's this generation's Pink Floyd? Eddie Vedder? Bob Marley? They're here, our geniuses exist, only in obscurity. The most popular one I can think of is Green Day, and even they aren't as popular as say Kanye West or Lady Gaga. But as dissapointed as I am, I think I like good bands being more underground, but if I see another Disney tool wearing purity rings as "The Greatest Sensation", I just might go postal.

on Jun. 27 2011 at 12:43 am
swcricket98 GOLD, Williamson, Georgia

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

That is only 20 people out of the millions of people who love him so much. That proabably isn't a very valid statistic, but saside from that there is no way music producers, Usher epecially, him beging the successful artist he is, would sign Justin if he didn't have any talent. That would be pure ridiculousness. If he had no talent at all he wouldn't have become famous in the first place.

ash_15 said...
omg HE IS FABUASALY sexy

kupkack said...
on May. 18 2011 at 10:25 am
I dont think it matters biut ur age,because there ae older rapers and singers that look pretty good for there age.

DillN GOLD said...
DillN GOLD, Centerville, Iowa
Finally some one else sees it. Although he is about a average looking kid. But being that he is popular girls tend to see him as this super hottie... But other then that he has nothing.. he doesnt write his own music and in my opnion the music his writeres write all sound the same and  are not that great "baby baby baby oh it like baby" yea how crative (Not) its a sad turn in the music industry

JB4EVER said...
on May. 9 2011 at 8:17 am
JB4EVER, Waterboro, Maine

nut up or shut up

first he does not write his songs

FREYASHAWK said...

I am not a fan of justin but i have watched some of his performances on tv and saw myself that he does not lip synce he dance with his fanswhich puts him out of breath. You can tell that he does not lip synce

Lysergia said...
Lysergia, Washougal, Washington

“Look down at me and you see a fool;
look up at me and you see a god;
look straight at me and you see yourself”

Good question. I was never aware that Justin Beiber produced music, I was aware however he was a pop icon who lip syncs his songs. 

IRBFGW DIAMOND said...
IRBFGW DIAMOND, Cincinnati, Ohio

"Hey, assbutt!" Supernatural, Castiel.

What i'm wondering is why this is under "music"? :) just trying to be a jerk. I agree with your article and I like how you actually did research with it. Basically, from what I've seen lately whenever you talk about Justin Bieber, someone's gonna get mad. Well, as they say, avoid talking about religion, politics, Justin Bieber, and the Great Pumpkin.....although the Great Pumpkin is really badass.

on Apr. 15 2011 at 9:53 am
mredman928 BRONZE, Canton, Georgia

"All things can be done through Christ who strengthens me!"

She meant to do that...... she was showing that she doesn't know who he is..... I'm team Bieber but even I figured that out..... XD

on Apr. 15 2011 at 7:54 am
wow this article is old he's 17 now.....but it was a good article

babiiqurl33 said...
on Apr. 8 2011 at 9:16 am
Ohhh Yeaah .? Well You Cant Even Spell So Might As Well Keep Your Comment To Your Self ! Thanks <3

WriterGeel<3 said...
Justin Bieber has a natural aura that obviosly makes him attractive to people, not JUST from his good looks. However, he is not as utterly AMAZING as people think he is.(No offense JB) A lot of it is the monopoly of the media industry over the minds of the public.

ABCs said...

Although that happens from time to time, and I do agree that Justin Bieber's good looks also contributed to his booming career in alot of ways - one of them is the fact that girls are going nuts about him because of his physical apperance which you mentioned in your article.

But, considering the fact that his music is a big part of the guy's career, it must be a huge factor, right? I mean, no 13 year-old kid gets signed and make a good impression on a celebrity like Usher every single day. 

So, just because a majority of the female population out there likes him simply because of a superficial factor - his looks - doesn't mean that his music shouldn't be given credit.

simplyfeel SILVER, Peachtree City, Georgia

"If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, then all possibility of life is destroyed. "
Christopher McCandless "Into the Wild"

This has happened in the pop world so many times, it is ridiculous. Teen girls latch onto anything that is good looking and can utter a few decent notes. Remember the Jonas Brothers. The mass hysteria was caused by their looks, not their music. And the average teen girl's attention span is not that long when it is simply about a guy's looks. Nobody can survive on looks alone. That is exactly why they faded out. Girls got disinterested. They will move on from Justin Bieber too. Mediocre music and good looks cannot keep a music artist afloat for long.

Bman said...
what!!! you love justin bever he sings okay but what are u okay like im sorry but u like him u c he is not a jack pot like some of us are we might sing better than him too but he is just like baby this and baby that but he is gross i just dont like him i know u probly hate me for that but come on now he is horrible a mistake but he gets all the girls thats just what ticks me right off but u like him but the music of today sucks litterly sucks u should like alice cooper or the temptations but justin bever oh man i hate him i know that was not nice but thats my oppinin also he should stop singing and become a docter so evry body will be like oh look its justin the fake docter but he isnt funny either i try to be funny but im not im halirous but justin wont be around much longer but alice cooper and the temptations will be but justin bever wont how can u like him