Justin Bieber: Can Good Looks Really Get You Anywhere In This World?

If somebody surveyed all the teenage girls in Canada and the Usa asking who the fastest growing male singer was, most of them would probably answer Justin Bieber.

Justin is currently 15 years old, born on March 14th, 1994. He was born in Stratford, Ontario. Justin first started singing in 2007, and was discovered Scooter Braun, who quickly became his manager. Justin's manager flew him to Atlanta, Georgia to sing for Usher. When Usher heard him singing he was very impressed. Antonio L.A. Reid at Island Records signed Justin to Island Records in October 2008.

Justin's first single was "One Time", and it quickly grew to the top of the charts.

I myself listened to the song, and although I found it was an okay song, I didn't worship it like lots of other girls I know did.

Wanting to know why this song had done so well, I decided to find out through some people I knew who were absolutly crazy about him.

I talked to twenty girls, aged 12 to 14, and found some similarities in their answers.

When asked why they loved him so much, this was the response I got.

16 of the people said they loved him for his 'killer looks',
2 of the people said they loved him because his singing 'came from his heart',
And the remaining 2 people said the liked him because his looks and singing.

This information pretty much informs us that even if about 80% of your fans only like you because of your looks, you can still make it far in the world.

So, with all this information, you can probably figure it out: Without the good looks, Justin probably wouldn't be quite so far in his singing career.

$inamon said...
Aug. 30, 2011 at 8:38 am
I think he has no talent and scooter is just exploiting the "boy crazed" teenage girls and getting them to spend money on stupid products with his name on them. I don't think a single person would enjoy his singing if he were ugly.

soneri said...
There's a reason Justin Bieber is famous. If Scooter Braun decided to contact Justing after watching his youtube video becuase of his "killer looks" then it would be so easy for anyone to get into the music industry. Although I am not a die hard fan of Justin, I think he has talent, and he deserves the fame. :)

justinbieber replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 11:51 am
hey ah soneri you spelt my name wrong:)

MissBookWorm This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with the fact that you believe some stars today have undeserved elevated status due to their good looks but I really disagree with your opinion of Justin Bieber. I personally think that he has a phenomonal voice, even in the beginning of his career, and his songs are so popular because they can relate to such a large audience. Furthermore, Bieber's thousands of fans range from nine year olds to twenty-nine year olds- asking only twenty of them çan't really give... (more »)

Bookworm1998 said...
Aug. 10, 2011 at 10:40 am
born March 1st, btw. it's true, that most girls first love him when they see him cuz he is pretty hot, but i disagree that his face is the reason why he is so famous. i love his charity works, his sweet lyrics to songs for girls and other personal issuses, and adoration for his fans. to me, his amazing brown eyes and perfect smile is just a nice bonus ;)

BPHILLI replied...

JUSTIN BIEBER was not born on March 14th! He was born on March 1st !!!!!

GO JUSTIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

andromeda13 replied...
????? not really revelvant. . . and no one cares,

yousaypotato... said...
Jul. 26, 2011 at 11:43 am
though a i agree with you on the topic....im surprised at the fact that many people think the Biebs has "killer looks"...

Thoreau420 said...
Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:38 am
My problem is not that he sounds like a girl, or he's a little kid, hell, I even commend him for not being one of Disney's tools. In fact, I don't really hate him, just the hype around him. I'm highly dissapointed that his fame is built solely off of saying "Baby" 20 times in a catchy tune. he has no heart, he has no belief, he sings what he knows his fans want to hear. Before you listen to his songs, try listening to the complexity of lyrical geniuses like Pink Floyd or Eddie Vedder, then try t... (more »)

Thoreau420 said...
The fame Justin Bieber has accumulated makes me lose my faith in our generation. He's famous for sounding like a little girl and saying "Baby" repeatedly. His songs and the other hugley popular songs of our generation fail to go past a rapper's self-obsession, or someone's sexual desire. Where's this generation's Pink Floyd? Eddie Vedder? Bob Marley? They're here, our geniuses exist, only in obscurity. The most popular one I can think of is Green Day, and even they aren't as popular as say Kanye... (more »)

BPHILLI replied...
WRRROOONNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thoreau420 replied...
That's a well thought out and stated argument, i'm really re-thinking my stance now.

andromeda13 replied...
LOL :D 

swcricket98 said...
Jun. 27, 2011 at 12:43 am
That is only 20 people out of the millions of people who love him so much. That proabably isn't a very valid statistic, but saside from that there is no way music producers, Usher epecially, him beging the successful artist he is, would sign Justin if he didn't have any talent. That would be pure ridiculousness. If he had no talent at all he wouldn't have become famous in the first place.

andromeda13 replied...
i agree, not too mention mostly all his songs are about him likeing  some girl, wich gets really annoying. 

andromeda13 replied...
Good piont. . .

ash_15 said...
omg HE IS FABUASALY sexy

justinbieber replied...
Sept. 14, 2011 at 11:54 am
thanx ash 15:)

kupkack said...
May 18, 2011 at 10:25 am
I dont think it matters biut ur age,because there ae older rapers and singers that look pretty good for there age.

Kayley S. replied...
Rapers? Ouch.