Justin Bieber: Can Good Looks Really Get You Anywhere In This World?

If somebody surveyed all the teenage girls in Canada and the Usa asking who the fastest growing male singer was, most of them would probably answer Justin Bieber.

Justin is currently 15 years old, born on March 14th, 1994. He was born in Stratford, Ontario. Justin first started singing in 2007, and was discovered Scooter Braun, who quickly became his manager. Justin's manager flew him to Atlanta, Georgia to sing for Usher. When Usher heard him singing he was very impressed. Antonio L.A. Reid at Island Records signed Justin to Island Records in October 2008.

Justin's first single was "One Time", and it quickly grew to the top of the charts.

I myself listened to the song, and although I found it was an okay song, I didn't worship it like lots of other girls I know did.

Wanting to know why this song had done so well, I decided to find out through some people I knew who were absolutly crazy about him.

I talked to twenty girls, aged 12 to 14, and found some similarities in their answers.

When asked why they loved him so much, this was the response I got.

16 of the people said they loved him for his 'killer looks',
2 of the people said they loved him because his singing 'came from his heart',
And the remaining 2 people said the liked him because his looks and singing.

This information pretty much informs us that even if about 80% of your fans only like you because of your looks, you can still make it far in the world.

So, with all this information, you can probably figure it out: Without the good looks, Justin probably wouldn't be quite so far in his singing career.

Roman_syn said...
Feb. 15 at 3:25 am
Everyone's telling eachother to stop hating on Justin but nobody cares when screams or metal is called satanic and demonic, even when the lyrics have a better meaning and message than most pop songs these days. Talk about hypocritical...

littlealice0-7 said...
Jan. 9 at 11:34 am
I agree with your opinion that justin is loved by his funs because of his good looks. I think the tarents who are in the TV realize thier lokks are good and they sell thier appearences. However in Japan, there are many peple who eat without not carrying about thier appearences. They called Comedians and they give us funny and silme. I am not a justin's fun but i think he is atractive in general. we can't dicide him from only his looks.

CookieMonster24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 17, 2013 at 7:50 am
Honey, first of all, haters like you, are ruining this world. He is obviously talented and girls love his songs... so what if he's good looking, can't they just love him for his good looks? Or are you just saying that he's a bad singer, then you're obviously wrong because as we know he's won several awards, has broken several records, has been nominated for the Grammy... And God knows what else. Apparently you haters, don't see what his fans see in him. He has got million... (more »)

DarkMinion replied...
Well I didn't see the author express any hate towards Justin, or his music, or even his voice. She didn't say his voice was bad , she only said a lot of his fans based their love of him on his looks, rather than his music or his voice, not more, not less. Before blaming people of being something they aren't, please take the time to think about what you wanna say, I mean no offense in this.

CookieMonster24This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
None taken! I'm just asking why people can't love him for his looks, I found the title of this article ridiculous. The title did not make any sense to me at all. And this is just my opinion. You should've read my comment carefully before answering. I mean, he has something to be loved for. 

Anonymous said...
If you ask me, I say that Justin Bieber is so overrated. Sure, he got discovered because of his talent. But, it's his fans who are ruining his image. The only reason that most of them like him is for his looks. And, BTW, he's not much of a role model anymore. What kind of role model posts a picture of himself drinking beer on instagram? How else do you expect the "haters" to react when people idolize someone like that?

countrydrum96 said...
Um, what? Great for you! He is an excellent role model, although I replied to ask you why you are advertising on this website. There are billions of articles debating/reporting Justin Bieber and what are the chances that his management team is going to stumble accross this article and make North Carolina a tour stop? Absolutely none. That's not how companies run their show. Sorry!

Brandon M. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Finally! A girl who isn't obsessed with crappy boy bands!

countrydrum96 said...
WakkaFlakka, okay Justin Bieber is not the most appealing singer. I personally don't like his songs, nor his voice, and quite frankly, he isn't the shiniest stone either. But this could be a bit rude to fans, and doesn't really help the situation right now, and as you can see from the replies you got, it only causes trouble.   For the two of you who replied, Gymnastics4Life, that doesn't help either. Although I agree that it wasn't supportive you don't have to re... (more »)

Zoya_Khan said...
Jan. 7, 2013 at 7:28 am
Justin Bieber is a really good singer.. He did not get all this because of good looks.. He's really good at singing :)

atv512 said...
Sorry but being a bieber fan,this affects me. Looks can affect the world. What if yiu want to be a model?

countrydrum96 replied...
Models are people who use their bodies to advertise, not change the world. When they get into their carreer, their main thought is not "How can I change the world".   And Justin Bieber isn't a model, he's a singer. This isn't saying that he is a bad singer, it is saying that he wouldn't be as famous without hisHe isn't changing the world with how he looks, he isn't really changing the world at all.

hollowfireflyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I agree with your opinion. Unfortunately alot of the so called "singers" anymore don't write their own stuff, have no talent, and only get by with their looks. It's a shame...

kklovemeformekk said...
Jan. 12, 2012 at 11:41 am
i wrote this for just in beiber: justin beiber all he says is babyyyyy but he'sso gayyyyyy he may be faaaamous but he's a "gaymous" girl when i see her i wanna hurl i mean look at that girl my brother is hotter than her okay, that wasn't great but that show i feel about that friggin girl..... if your with me reply to this post....

drake replied...
what is your problem he never did anything to you he is not my favorite singer i might not even like hin

Gymnastics4Life said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:55 am
Get your facts right he was born on MARCH FIRST!

AshleaEnchanted replied...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:49 am
LOL first thing I said :)

WakkaFlakka said...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 9:20 am
R U KIDING ME Justin Bieber isn't even i guy it's a girl in discize just trying to look bettter but it epicly failed so no justin has no good looks Justin looks like he fell out of the torch from the statue of liberty and hit the ground face first

Gymnastics4Life replied...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 9:57 am
Wow way to be supportive

Maykay720 replied...
Justin Bieber has talent, good looks. fans that adore him and much more. I believe without his looks he would still make it far. I mean come on be real. It wasnt his looks that got him discovered.