CLASSIC ROCK TO MODERN ROCK

When I was 10 years old I really loved Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, and Def Leppard. That music couldn’t get any better it was absolutely perfect. But when time goes on music is now ruined. Now we have people that scream in the whole song and you can’t even understand what they are saying. I sometimes think they’re not saying anything at all. Back to the point Aerosmith was a screamo band, but they did it in a voice that doesn’t sound like a pig dying in it. I do listen to SOME screamo bands from today like Devil wears Prada, Bullet for my valentine, and Dope but they sing in the songs and don’t scream throughout the whole song.

songofheaven said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 11:28 pm:
I grew up listening to what my mom had on CD's, which was 80's pop and the occasional rock song, as well as my dad's folk music like Neil Young, the Byrds, and Willie Nelson. I found a jazz radio station I liked when I was about 7 years old, so throw that in too. However, no one, when I was little, ever listened to rap. So generally, I was never exposed to it. I'm a little glad actually, because I do love Led Zeppelin, Def Leppard, and Deep Purple now. That music can't get any better, ... (more »)

snowfright said...
Nov. 7, 2009 at 12:55 am:
I feel the same way as you do. I grew up listening to the classic rock. A band actually had to be talented then to get signed. Now anyone can get a record deal. Don't get me wrong, there are some good bands in this time. But classic rock is sooo much better.