Metal Will Live On

Rap. Hip-hop. Hannah Montana. The Jonas Brothers.

All of these things, along with many others, have many people believing that heavy metal is dead and gone. Allow me to disagree with all of that.

For this past summer, I attended Mayhem Festival and Cruefest, and I’ll promise you that the crowd for metal is large and as strong as ever. And not only was there thousands of people, 95% were polite, and weren’t out for blood, as is the typical stereotype of rock shows.

And it isn’t a lop-sided genre. All the various subgenres played together. Slayer played alongside Marilyn Manson. Godsmack played with Motley Crue. This genre continues to grow and expand and develop into a new, ever-growing beast, while the “trendy” music will all fall to the wayside.

So metalheads, keep your chins up and your heads banging. Metal needs support, and we need metal. Seems like a rather complementary cycle in my opinion.

And just remember, Metal will never die!

loop2468 said...
Oct. 11, 2011 at 11:14 am:

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! METAL FOREVER!!!!!

a static lullaby, emery, the devil wears prada, scary kids scaring kids. ALL OF THAT IS MUSIC  :3

Brandon M. This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 10, 2013 at 5:50 pm :
You have it right!

MinaE said...
Yeah man. People with metal heads are indestructible :)

Denverjude said...
Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:51 am:
horns forever

seriously sysnster said...
yes metal will live on a7x for life!!!!!!!!!

vampluv11 said...
Nov. 5, 2009 at 10:39 am:
YES! from Marilyn Manson to Inhale Exhale, metal will LIVE ON!! :3

Esteban V. said...
YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Metal will always LIVE ON. From Metallica to Bullet for My Valentine, metal has will always rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!