What i hate about movie theaters

Movie Theaters can be a magical and happy place but they can also a dark scary room of death. When you walk into a movie theater you look around and see all the smiling people and the big banasters with the newest movies on them. After you buy your ticket for 8 dollars then you get to where they really make the dough. The connsesion stand, this is the ultimate rip off. What I do is go buy candy and stuff at the right aid right next to the theater for 5 dollars cheaper. After you get through the ticket agent you finally get to go to the movie. When you walk in you see the super screen with all the ad’s on it. The all of a sudden the lights dim and shut off. As you climb up those sketchy steeps you will most likely step on something like gum or a popcorn bag, even sometimes you step on something that you have never seen before. Then you go to your seat and hopefully get one that doesn’t squeak or have a little wet spot in it from the horror movie that played before yours. Those are just some of the things that I hate about movie theaters.

FannyArbuckle said...
Jun. 13, 2012 at 1:14 pm:
This is the worst expose on movie theaters I have read this week.

Laura P. said...
The thing I love about movies personally isn't necessarily the movie itself, but the experience.  If I just want to see a movie, I will watch it online or buy the DVD. But to me, going to the movies is about being with your friends.  Posing with posters, racing the arcade cars, sharing popcorn, or laughing when the movie is bad. The prices I pay are well worth the memories.

MayDay replied...
Sept. 5, 2011 at 11:01 am :
I totally agree with you Laura!

dreamxentertain This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 9:27 pm:
I love movie theaters. Eerything about them. Everything except people who unwrap noisy plastic in the middle of a scene or those who bring their little babies who suddenly start crying (usually in the middle of the most important scene)...Anyway, I really liked your piece- it made me think of somethig I hadn't thought about in a while :)

luv2write4ever said...
Jul. 14, 2010 at 2:37 pm:
I absolutely love movie theaters. But I also agree with your article. Movie theaters are so expensive and to top it off, they are sometimes dirty and disgusting. Good work.

BriarRose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 31, 2010 at 7:45 am:

great piece, and i know what you mean...personally, i love going tot the movies, but so much is getting so annoying...like prices and the couple one row ahead of you tht ends up making out....not soemthing you want to see, especially if you happen to know them....but overall, great idea =]

--BriarRose

Flightless said...
May 23, 2010 at 5:31 pm:
I love the movies 'cause you have this big awsome screen infront of you and this greasy, buttery bucket of popcorn, but the babies crying, the tall guy sitting infront of you, someone talking on the phone behind you, or your freind holding her hands over her ears and peeking out every so often on the world's leats-scariest horror film ever.... *Breath* now thats the worst, I mean how can you ENJOY that?!?

mensa4life said...
Mar. 27, 2010 at 2:30 pm:
I LOVE movies theatures and movies in general. Theres just something wonderful about the dark and dirty theature with its red seats and hords of strangers all going to try to enjoy the same movie. I LOVE movie theatures just the way they are:)

KaplunkyMonkey said...
The best movie theater is in your dreams.
But really.
Advertising and corporate america hit movie theaters a while back. I agree that it is not exactly a cleansing or cheap fun anymore, but that doesn't mean all movie theatres have to be like that. There are a lot of small independent theaters around (if you look) that give a more vintage feel to moviegoing. Perhaps if you try that out you'll have more fun watching movies on the big screen!

kiska_puppy11 said...
Nov. 3, 2009 at 11:47 am:
I think that the best movie theater would be in your own house, your own basement, with your own tv, and your own yummy popcorn. :)

Esteban V. said...
try going to a more "luxury" theater

TheRaisinBranLover said...
Oct. 10, 2009 at 1:04 am:
well when evr i go to the movies lol i just go to watch or to get into a fight lol

loughnerl said...
I totally agree with you. While movie theatres are a great place to meet friends, it is so expensive. The description, "a dark scary room of death" was creative, humorous, and made me want to continue reading. You are completely right when you said, "the concession stand is an ultimate rip off." It makes perfect sense to go to a grocery store or in your case, Rite Aid, and buy popcorn, drinks, and candy for half the price than at the concession stand. You do have a few gr... (more »)

stella bella said...
that was really funny haha it made me laugh. but i didnt get the part where you put "sketchy steeps." some of your reasons didnt really make sense at all, but yeah it was pretty funny. next time try to make it a little more clear instead of mixing ideas that dont really go together. oh and good job!

SquirrelGirl said...
Really funny I've got to say but that last part with the wet spot on the seat doesn't seem too common and the 8 bucks for the ticket is no more (so sad)

ChickenLegHouseThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Sept. 13, 2012 at 6:50 am :
I can get them here for five bucks.

morgie7<3 said...
HAHAHAHAHA! omg you are hilarious! I am tagging this as a favorite. Movie theaters are great...but you are so right! Not to mention the fifteen hours of commericals they play before your movie....! :) This is witty and creative and i give it a gajillion stars. AMAZING JOB!

Annabelle7614 replied...
Sept. 13, 2009 at 2:10 pm :
LOL I totally agree!
Five stars!