music criticism

I absolutely hate how people can give a quick listen to a certain genre or piece of music and immediately say that they don't like it. i beleive that no matter what age you are you should give all music a chance. everyone is entitled to their opinion but having a prejudice towards a certain genre of music without truly listening or experiencing it is wrong. Many of my friends don't like the music that i listen to because they beleive that it is dark and hateful. None of them have even listened to the words or even tried to understand what the artist is trying to say. They hear one scream in the song and they immediately dislike it. i beleive that if everyone gave music a fair chance then more artists would come out of their shells and not be afraid to express themselves in fear of prejudice of something they may have worked on their entire lives. having prejudice towards a certain genre of music or even a song that someone told you about is wrong unless you have a good reason to dislike it. i'm just saying that everyone and everything deserves a chance.

brostep said...
Mar. 25 at 3:04 pm
I'm all for open-mindedness for music but your post was incredibly incoherent

Tianna[♥RaveBby♥]™ said...
I think youre right on, in fact, i jsuit submitted an article,almost with the same idea as yours.my mom doesnt think screamo is music. my tohught, its under tem usic genre of my ipod, its music! great article, i love it

EmmaNemma said...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 10:42 am
I uselly try different genres out but uselly I stick to rock or alternative rock. I get what you mean though. I really dislike most country but I like Neko Case. I've started to juge by the artist of band instea of the genre. 

rani_lee said...
Dude, i completely agree with you. i have friends who will not listen to anything outside of their chosen genres. there's good and bad in every genre of music just like there is with people.

kmarshall50 said...
I know how you feel.

FluteChick said...
What song was it?

Sean3 said...
this is a good point, and yes some people are predgeus agenst certian music, ( i have a friend that hates country, and i have a friend that hates metal) so, yea, but maby some one has listend to alot of it before, and have an honsest oppinion on it

jeffb666 replied...
Oct. 19, 2009 at 10:22 am
You are absolutly correct scottyboy, everyone should listen to all music and give it a chance before they decide if it is bad or not. I say this because everyone thinks that hard rock/metal is a bad genre of music, but I personally love Ozzy Osbourne's music, and a lot of others! But anyways, that is very smart of you to say something like that!