The Buzz About Twilight

I'd like to address to buzz about Twilight with my sincere opinion.
I find the book and movie disgusting, bland, and not at all to my interest. Apparently, no one in America seems to agree with me.

I've recently found that the popularity rate of Twilight raised a great deal AFTER the movie came out in 2008. Strange, because I thought every one loved the book series. Evidently, after the movie, with the "hot" Robert Pattinson, I believe that teens and tweens felt dedicated to read this book for the sake of good ol' Rob, and to join their friends to feel a comfortable sense, fitting in. Their pure attraction to the style and look of the movie lead to the true discovery of the series, and so forth, book sales sky rocketed.
For some reason, I think Twilight readers only read the books and viewed the movie because it seemed, and still does, "cool" and new.
Another theory. Maybe a person just feels satisfied after reading a, what, 1000 page book in a week. I've heard lots of this kind of chatter among my friends, so maybe Twilight fans also like to brag to their friends about reading a big, long book. Not that the quality of the literature works, which, believe it or not, is the whole point of a book.
Twilight is another cult that will soon pass. I don't think the buzz is really worth it, and after reading this article, you should agree with me.

morgie7<3 said...
Wow...strong opinion! lol. I loved the Twilight books but they seem ridiculous to me now in some ways...and in some ways (such as the originality of the characters and the great plot and setting) i still love it so much. But, I too, believe that a series that was great is now SOOOO CRAPPING AMAZING and its not. It's good, but not THAT good. It's being blown out of porportion and the twilight fanatics out there that wear the tshirts and believe in vampires are really getting on my ne... (more »)

Molly G. replied...
o haha..
darn those people.. just kidding. (-:

readingredhead33 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i read twlight before the movie. and almost all the ppl i know read it beofre the movie too. maybe in your area is differnt...but watever. u can think watever you want.

Kimber S. replied...
I also read the book WAY before the movie was even thought to be made. I have been writing since I was very young and once I read Twilight iI was immediatly engrossed. If you read some of the things I have written you will find I have an extreme imagination. I don't wear the shirts or buy the bags or whatever but i do have all the books. I appreciate your opinion because you have every right to one. but I disagree with you about the BOOK being disgusting

mitchell_3 said...
Sept. 9, 2009 at 8:34 am
i do not agree with u t all becuse it is a great book. You just have to have lil imaginatoin. It is a wonderful book and does not tke that long to read!! i did not just read it so i couldtell my friends that i read a 1000 page book series. i read it for the intertameint. I just dont agree with u!!!

HermioneLunaGinny432 replied...
What is intertameint? Is this a new word? Please, explain what it means to me.

Alpha-Lyrae replied...
Right, sorry, I must disagree with mitchell_3. The Twilight Saga is overrated, and involves very little immagination to comprehend. It is, to all intents, a romance novel, albeit a romance with non-human aspects. Sure it was a good enough book, the writing astyle got to me at some points, but the story was good enough. It was a good plot line, perhaps a better author could have done it more justice, but that does not warrent all the obsessive Twilight-mania. Now suddenly everyone is in love with... (more »)