The Buzz About Twilight | Teen Ink

The Buzz About Twilight

By Molly Glick SILVER, Short Hills, New Jersey
Molly Glick SILVER, Short Hills, New Jersey

'I envy anyone with rainbow
knee socks. I can't find any!'

I'd like to address to buzz about Twilight with my sincere opinion.
I find the book and movie disgusting, bland, and not at all to my interest. Apparently, no one in America seems to agree with me.

I've recently found that the popularity rate of Twilight raised a great deal AFTER the movie came out in 2008. Strange, because I thought every one loved the book series. Evidently, after the movie, with the "hot" Robert Pattinson, I believe that teens and tweens felt dedicated to read this book for the sake of good ol' Rob, and to join their friends to feel a comfortable sense, fitting in. Their pure attraction to the style and look of the movie lead to the true discovery of the series, and so forth, book sales sky rocketed.
For some reason, I think Twilight readers only read the books and viewed the movie because it seemed, and still does, "cool" and new.
Another theory. Maybe a person just feels satisfied after reading a, what, 1000 page book in a week. I've heard lots of this kind of chatter among my friends, so maybe Twilight fans also like to brag to their friends about reading a big, long book. Not that the quality of the literature works, which, believe it or not, is the whole point of a book.
Twilight is another cult that will soon pass. I don't think the buzz is really worth it, and after reading this article, you should agree with me.

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."
~Michael Jordan

No...haha i wasnt talking about you. I know you dont because other wise you wouldnt have written this article... lol :) I was referring to anyone who reads the comment and does wear tshirts and such... :D

on Sep. 12 2009 at 9:23 am

'I envy anyone with rainbow
knee socks. I can't find any!'

No I never wear t shirts and do not believe in vampires. Thanks.

boycrazy101 said...
on Sep. 12 2009 at 8:42 am
Wow I loved the twilight books they captured my attention

morgie7<3 PLATINUM, Tremont, Illinois

~Michael Jordan

Wow...strong opinion! lol. I loved the Twilight books but they seem ridiculous to me now in some ways...and in some ways (such as the originality of the characters and the great plot and setting) i still love it so much. But, I too, believe that a series that was great is now SOOOO CRAPPING AMAZING and its not. It's good, but not THAT good. It's being blown out of porportion and the twilight fanatics out there that wear the tshirts and believe in vampires are really getting on my nerves...im sorry if you are one...its nothing against you. Anyway...this article gets four stars in my book. Good Job. :)

readingredhead33 SILVER, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania

life sucks. then you die.

i read twlight before the movie. and almost all the ppl i know read it beofre the movie too. maybe in your area is differnt...but watever. u can think watever you want.

mitchell_3 said...
on Sep. 9 2009 at 8:34 am
i do not agree with u t all becuse it is a great book. You just have to have lil imaginatoin. It is a wonderful book and does not tke that long to read!! i did not just read it so i couldtell my friends that i read a 1000 page book series. i read it for the intertameint. I just dont agree with u!!!