The Buzz About Twilight

I'd like to address to buzz about Twilight with my sincere opinion.
I find the book and movie disgusting, bland, and not at all to my interest. Apparently, no one in America seems to agree with me.

I've recently found that the popularity rate of Twilight raised a great deal AFTER the movie came out in 2008. Strange, because I thought every one loved the book series. Evidently, after the movie, with the "hot" Robert Pattinson, I believe that teens and tweens felt dedicated to read this book for the sake of good ol' Rob, and to join their friends to feel a comfortable sense, fitting in. Their pure attraction to the style and look of the movie lead to the true discovery of the series, and so forth, book sales sky rocketed.
For some reason, I think Twilight readers only read the books and viewed the movie because it seemed, and still does, "cool" and new.
Another theory. Maybe a person just feels satisfied after reading a, what, 1000 page book in a week. I've heard lots of this kind of chatter among my friends, so maybe Twilight fans also like to brag to their friends about reading a big, long book. Not that the quality of the literature works, which, believe it or not, is the whole point of a book.
Twilight is another cult that will soon pass. I don't think the buzz is really worth it, and after reading this article, you should agree with me.

Kelz1141 said...
Well when you say Twilight readers I hope that was just a shorter way of saying some twilight readers, be I read twilight about 5 years ago when it was a wierd thing to do. I certainly was not following a trend. But I do also agree that is why some read the sieries. I also agree that the movie was horrible. And if i could just throw something in here HARRY POTTER IS SO MUCH BETTER! sorry had to get that in there.

Molly G. replied...
Nov. 19, 2009 at 3:32 pm :
i mean (twilight is better than harry potter..lol)

gothicgirl replied...
Jun. 24, 2010 at 1:04 pm :
I HATE TWILIGHT! i mean their are no good parts in thebook and iread all of them. read vampire kisses or vampire dairys.

Head_in_the_Clouds said...
I expected more from it! All of the characters - EXCEPT FOR BELLA AND EDWARD - seemed alot like in the book, but when I saw it I was like 'UGH!' It was soooo boring! Even the 'fight' scene! I hope this next ones better (they booted the old director-Thank God) if not, i'm dropping it completely. Not worth my time

egalntine said...
i didn't like them either, but i can see why they were appealing to people our age. what bugged me the most though, was bella's lack of thoughfulness. it was mostly all about what she wanted, ALL THE TIME. the fact that she totally wasted 4 years of her life and shunned everyone else in her life of a boy; a vampire (for goodness sakes) also disturbed me. she was given a good life to live, unlike many other people, and she chose to end it for herself and herself only. you can disagree, ... (more »)

Molly G. replied...
Oct. 4, 2009 at 11:37 am :
yeah, i've been thinking about that point. It really sets a bad example to just give yourself away, almost.

Always&Forever*21* said...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 3:28 am:
While I am a fan of the books, I also agree that the movie was a little washed out. I thought that the characters were very nicely portrayed though and I hope for greatness in the second one. I also think that Robert Pattinson is not HOT as so many people declare him to be, but hey! That's just my opinion.

hbeats4u2 replied...
Oct. 9, 2009 at 8:37 pm :
I agree with you on that. The twilight series was the most amazing books I have ever read. The movie, though, was horrible. The actors didn't act like the characters in the book. Bella was so lively in the book, so sure of what she wanted. But then, in the movie she stuttered, wasn't positive on if she was making the right choice. That's my opinian.

AudienceofOne said...
Sept. 28, 2009 at 7:53 am:
I agree with you whole heartedly. No offense to anyone, but the book is mindless, so reading it is easy because almost no thought process is involved. If it was the same story of "love" written in a Tolkienese style, no one would like it. Alot of people who never ever read books love Twilight, because it's a lazy read and they can, as you say, read it in a week. No smothers the imagination. Those books are written so amateurishly, and it irks me to think cr*p like that is what my ... (more »)

Delicate L. said...
Sept. 23, 2009 at 11:59 am:
You guys can't seem to know that Twilight waz made a success becuz people worked hard to make it that way. What if you wrote a book, or a poem, or a song... something... Everyone has critics, but it doesn't meen you have to be one. I do like the twilight books, but not at all for the reasons you have stated. It's a mystery, a thrill, a romantic love story, it's not a cult unless you make it one. I have only read the book, cuz it waz suggested to me, and i find it facinating. ... (more »)

Molly G. replied...
Sept. 23, 2009 at 4:21 pm :
I do feel that you have the right to have an opinion, but why bash mine? You have a right to say you what you want, but twilight is in fact a cult and it fits the definition.

remym This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 30, 2009 at 7:47 pm :
I understand, also, that there are people who like this series. However, there is no debating the fact that the characters are not well developed from a literaty point of view, the writing is awful, and the relationship abusive. Look up symptoms of an abusive relationship-Edward and Bella's fits almost every criterion. However, that doesn't mean people can't read it, just like I know junk food is bad for me but I eat it anyway. Twilight is junk food for the brain.

Nellic replied...
Mar. 3, 2010 at 8:20 pm :
This is probably the most intelligent comment I've read in this entire article. Thank you for having the capacity to form an opinion about a book based on its literary merits other than just its "hype/buzz" or apparently hideous actors. It is a poor excuse to dislike a series simply for its overblown franchise, bad movie rendition, and rabid fangirls. While it is indeed difficult to enjoy something due to aspects such as the above mentioned, I personally would much rather judge a ... (more »)

mnkyswinger said...
I agree, I only read the books because my friends all told me that they were good. And Robert Pattinson is HIDEOUS

. replied...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 9:14 pm :
OMFG how can you think that Robert pattinson is hideous i think that he gorgeous nd sexy i have tons of posters of him in my room and he will the coolest celeb ever!!!!

Alpha-Lyrae replied...
Feb. 12, 2010 at 4:45 pm :
Ew, really? Sorry, just my humble opinion but he is rahter -ummm, how to put it lightly - nauseating.

Pam_2013 said...
Sure, i'll admit that I didn't read the book untill I saw advertisments on Tv for the movie. But It was not just because I saw how hot robert was. It looked like a good storyline. Twilight is not the cult, the cult is most of the people that say they read the book when it first came out. Alot of those people hate the ones that just no picked up the book. And to tell you the truth I dont think I could of read and comprehended a book that big at the age of 9 considering that's how o... (more »)

boycrazy101 said...
Sept. 12, 2009 at 8:42 am:
Wow I loved the twilight books they captured my attention

morgie7<3 said...
Wow...strong opinion! lol. I loved the Twilight books but they seem ridiculous to me now in some ways...and in some ways (such as the originality of the characters and the great plot and setting) i still love it so much. But, I too, believe that a series that was great is now SOOOO CRAPPING AMAZING and its not. It's good, but not THAT good. It's being blown out of porportion and the twilight fanatics out there that wear the tshirts and believe in vampires are really getting on my ne... (more »)

Molly G. replied...
Sept. 12, 2009 at 9:23 am :
No I never wear t shirts and do not believe in vampires. Thanks.

morgie7<3 replied...
Sept. 12, 2009 at 3:08 pm :
No...haha i wasnt talking about you. I know you dont because other wise you wouldnt have written this article... lol :) I was referring to anyone who reads the comment and does wear tshirts and such... :D