The Buzz About Twilight

I'd like to address to buzz about Twilight with my sincere opinion.
I find the book and movie disgusting, bland, and not at all to my interest. Apparently, no one in America seems to agree with me.

I've recently found that the popularity rate of Twilight raised a great deal AFTER the movie came out in 2008. Strange, because I thought every one loved the book series. Evidently, after the movie, with the "hot" Robert Pattinson, I believe that teens and tweens felt dedicated to read this book for the sake of good ol' Rob, and to join their friends to feel a comfortable sense, fitting in. Their pure attraction to the style and look of the movie lead to the true discovery of the series, and so forth, book sales sky rocketed.
For some reason, I think Twilight readers only read the books and viewed the movie because it seemed, and still does, "cool" and new.
Another theory. Maybe a person just feels satisfied after reading a, what, 1000 page book in a week. I've heard lots of this kind of chatter among my friends, so maybe Twilight fans also like to brag to their friends about reading a big, long book. Not that the quality of the literature works, which, believe it or not, is the whole point of a book.
Twilight is another cult that will soon pass. I don't think the buzz is really worth it, and after reading this article, you should agree with me.

HermioneLunaGinny432 said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 7:33 pm:
I agree with you 100%/. Twilight is the disgusting story of one Mormon girl who is weak until she has a child. The books are poorly written and have little plot. I used to like them for some, bizzare reason. I realized how sexist and just plain ol' awful it was after awhile. I now LOVE LOVE LOVE Harry Potter, in case you couldn't tell from my screen name ;). Harry Potter is the best book series I have read, and fans are willing to criticize the movies. People that dislike Twilight have... (more »)

juicyfan6 replied...
Feb. 18, 2010 at 7:14 pm :
I LOVE Harry Potter. @ HermioneLunaGinny432 I can tell how much you love it by your username lol.

jbutterfly10 replied...
Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:56 pm :
OMG I agree with you. I've read the last book of Harry Potter like a million times. I write because of J.K. Rowling and it's a LOT smarter then Twilight.

juicyfan6 replied...
Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:24 pm :
lol same! J.K. Rowling writes really well. :)

jbutterfly10 replied...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 8:35 am :
I know! It keeps you on the edge of your seat. I thought the ending was sad though:-) With Fred, Tonks, and Lupin...

juicyfan6 replied...
Jul. 3, 2010 at 3:22 pm :
It was sad. Each of those characters was one of my favorites at some point. And Dobby...! 

jbutterfly10 replied...
Jul. 3, 2010 at 4:55 pm :
Oh, yeah!!! That was sad....

juicyfan6 replied...
Jul. 4, 2010 at 7:37 pm :
Yeah haha. I wish that J.K. Rowling would release a new book...it seems like it's been forever since the last HP book was released... :)

emergingtalent replied...
Dec. 18, 2010 at 11:24 am :
I read somewhere that she going to write new books! hooray for Harry Potter!

yogita replied...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 6:55 am :
i LOVE harry potter.... Twilight is SUCH A BORE! especially the movies!!! OMG!!! Really, the books werent that gr8 and these guys couldn't ake the movies watchable either!!! HARRY POTTER on the other hand is something that ACTUALLY has some thing thatwe can enjoy and read again and again and agian!!! GO JKR!!! :)

yogita replied...
Mar. 10, 2011 at 6:59 am :
and juicyfan6..have you read the other books by JKR...."Fantastic Beasts and where to find them", "Quidditch through the ages", and "Tales of Beedle the Bard" ?... if u haven't check them out....when u read the HP series again u'll enjoy it more!! :)

adsfasdfsdf said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 10:06 am:
adsgsujsfhsdfgasd;fhaskldjfhsadjkfhkaosdfjkla;ashoiagsdlkfjal;sdfja;lksdjf;alksdjf;alskdfja;lskdfjal;kdfj

asfgasdf said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 10:06 am:
asfdgafdsgsdfg

dhsafosdfa said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 10:05 am:
sd;aklfasd;ofihas

treyrockzmywiener said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 10:01 am:
TWILIGHT SUCKS.
i hate it with a passion.

peace_love_beauty said...
Dec. 16, 2009 at 9:22 am:
Yeah, I read the books one summer and really enjoyed them, and I saw the movie and it was pretty good, but then suddenly everything and everybody was like, "EDWARD CULLEN!!! TWILIGHT!!! OMG YEESSSSS!!! MARRY ME EDWARD!!!" That just completely turned me off of the series. And yeah, she is giving teens the wrong image that that's what love is: not being able to live without someone and becoming so dependent on them that if they leave you cannot carry on and fall into a depression or... (more »)

Belganie said...
Dec. 8, 2009 at 11:24 am:
I totally agree with you. I read the book and was like, that's it? There were some good parts but others where sloppy and I had to put the book down. The movies were good, for the guys, but other then that, I have seen better!

Dynasty said...
i generally liked the book because of the story it tells i read the whole series before the movie came out just because i wanted something to read yeah the movie didnt fit the book but it was a nice movie to me anyway and i cant read or watch harrypotter so i have nothing to say about that and why are people comparing those books anyway theyre not in any way related

twilightfreak007 replied...
Dec. 7, 2009 at 10:54 pm :
i also read the books like 4 years ago BEFORE i even knew they were making a movie

Kelz1141 said...
Well when you say Twilight readers I hope that was just a shorter way of saying some twilight readers, be I read twilight about 5 years ago when it was a wierd thing to do. I certainly was not following a trend. But I do also agree that is why some read the sieries. I also agree that the movie was horrible. And if i could just throw something in here HARRY POTTER IS SO MUCH BETTER! sorry had to get that in there.

Molly G. replied...
Nov. 19, 2009 at 3:31 pm :
i agree! Harry potter has been part of my life ever since the books came out and I have always grown up with it. The fact that some say that Twilight is better than twilight, I'm offended. How do they mean better? The stupid movie isn't better than the harry potters movies, which have a real meaning and lesson kids can learn from it. And i KNOW that they mean that twilight isn't written better than the harry potter series. I hope not, because twilight is cheesy and barely literatu... (more »)