The Buzz About Twilight

I'd like to address to buzz about Twilight with my sincere opinion.
I find the book and movie disgusting, bland, and not at all to my interest. Apparently, no one in America seems to agree with me.

I've recently found that the popularity rate of Twilight raised a great deal AFTER the movie came out in 2008. Strange, because I thought every one loved the book series. Evidently, after the movie, with the "hot" Robert Pattinson, I believe that teens and tweens felt dedicated to read this book for the sake of good ol' Rob, and to join their friends to feel a comfortable sense, fitting in. Their pure attraction to the style and look of the movie lead to the true discovery of the series, and so forth, book sales sky rocketed.
For some reason, I think Twilight readers only read the books and viewed the movie because it seemed, and still does, "cool" and new.
Another theory. Maybe a person just feels satisfied after reading a, what, 1000 page book in a week. I've heard lots of this kind of chatter among my friends, so maybe Twilight fans also like to brag to their friends about reading a big, long book. Not that the quality of the literature works, which, believe it or not, is the whole point of a book.
Twilight is another cult that will soon pass. I don't think the buzz is really worth it, and after reading this article, you should agree with me.

kateyt23 said...
Well to completely contardict what you have just written, I read the books because i wanted to! I've read them each 5 times, because i like them. You may like sports, music or simple pulling down somebody elses likes! Your article is ridiculus, let people do, read, sing, act like they want

rplove013 replied...
Dec. 25, 2010 at 7:00 pm :

I think it is okay for people to have their own opinions..because not everyone agrees on everything.

But I loved the books and the movies as well.. and kateyt23.. I like your picture of edward:)

AnimalLoverNayNay replied...
Mar. 2, 2011 at 5:50 am :
I read the books too. I don't like the movies, amd i'm a twilight fan. So I have to agree with you. Except for the fact that it looks like your team Edward.

JessicaRae7 replied...
Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:06 am :
I agree with everything Molly wrote. Just because you don't doesn't mean you need to bash her opinions. If you don't have something good to say about the article you shouldn't have commented. Even if I was a Twilight fan, I would either write a comment about how I don't agree but how it was well written or just not comment. There was no need to bash her opinion just because you are a Twilight fan.

babygirlinthetardis said...
Totally agree, I got given the books for Christmas one year, read them for the sake of it and I've never touched them since. Never seen the films and I don't want to - I've seen all the hype and from what I know the films are actually worse than the books. I have friends who've never read the books but think they know everything after seeing the films. This obsession with it is getting really annoying - they're not that great but everybody seems to be going on about it.

LockeDemosthenes replied...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 2:27 pm :
"Eeeeyup."-Big Macintosh

RavenBird said...
the books were okay, i read them before the whole buzz started. but when the movies came out... i didn't want to see them. i got sickened of the whole huge deal of it all. the fact that most people only read them because of the movies. so i think maybe there'd be a LOT less complaints about it if it hadn't become so annoyingly humongous to the teenage world.

Still_Waters26 said...
I AGREE WITH YOU 100%!  I SERIOUSLY THINK THAT IF THE MOVIES HADN'T COME OUT I PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN HEARD OF TWILIGHT.

emergingtalent said...
Jul. 21, 2010 at 3:28 pm:
I really hope you're right about the fact that this fad will pass. It drives me crazy! Like, scream and pull clumps of my own hair out crazy!

SnowAngel replied...
Dec. 17, 2010 at 9:57 am :
im sorry emergingtalent but i dont think this fad will pass for a long long time.

kksexi12 replied...
Sept. 23, 2011 at 10:14 am :
it prbly wont pass. i never would have heard of it if it werent for the movies or my aunt lol

AwesomeNewt said...
Jul. 17, 2010 at 7:38 pm:
i havent read or watched them and i dont plan to good job

jbutterfly10 said...
Jun. 15, 2010 at 8:33 am:
Ok, I read Twilight before it became a movie, like all yall. I actually didn't like it as much. It was just to.... mushy, ya know what I mean? Now, Harry Potter could keep me on the edge of my seat no matter how many times I read it. Bella's kinda an idiot.

emergingtalent replied...
Dec. 18, 2010 at 11:21 am :
I hear people say that they don't read Harry Potter because it's too long, but then they procede to talk about Twilight non stop. and I don't think that they just saw the movie either. And in my opinion, Harry Potter is a billion time better than Twilight. Harry Potter is quality reading, while Twilight is not even close.

MadieArt said...
May 1, 2010 at 5:42 pm:
I totally agree with you

SmileAndTheWorldWillSmileBack said...

I can understand why people get annoyed with twilight fans. Its true, some of the things they do are scary obsessive and just plain irritating but not every twilight fan is like that. Read my article about why I like Twilight and I hope you'll understand some of the reasons why it has such a large fan base. I'm a major fan...but I don't scream and chase the actors or obsess over everything Twilight. I genuinly like it for its story and strange morals.

TeenInk.com/opinio... (more »)

J. Rae replied...
Aug. 3, 2010 at 12:56 pm :

I read your article and totally agree with it! You are talking about the wantabe fans of Twilight. They read the books and watch the movies because it's popular right now. The real fans (ME!) read the books because they are truly interested in them and enjoy them.

And what's wrong about reading a 1000 page book in a week? Frankly, I read alot and really fast, so I probably read something like that every week. There's nothing wrong with a little bragging over reading a good book fast. A... (more »)

ReadingFanatic said...
Mar. 25, 2010 at 3:46 pm:
Well thinking about it, Twilight, the first book was pretty good. They should've stopped right then and there with the series though. No movie or fan hype, just a good book.
Harry Potter, is pretty much a classic. One of the top book sales ever, and it's been out for 12 years, and people are still talking about it.
Twilight (first book) has been out for 5 years, and is already loosing its hype. Soon enough Robert Pattinson, and Kirsten Stewart are going to be on a Where Ar... (more »)

juicyfan6 said...
Feb. 18, 2010 at 7:14 pm:
I love how the majority of articles here are about Twilight lol. I didn't like how Twilight was written AT ALL. I think Stephenie Meyer had a good idea with the plot--you have to admit, her books DID sell--but it was written poorly. J.K. Rowling is one of the best authors--her vocabulary is rich and varied, and her stories run along smoothly.

HermioneLunaGinny432 said...
Feb. 10, 2010 at 7:33 pm:
I agree with you 100%/. Twilight is the disgusting story of one Mormon girl who is weak until she has a child. The books are poorly written and have little plot. I used to like them for some, bizzare reason. I realized how sexist and just plain ol' awful it was after awhile. I now LOVE LOVE LOVE Harry Potter, in case you couldn't tell from my screen name ;). Harry Potter is the best book series I have read, and fans are willing to criticize the movies. People that dislike Twilight have... (more »)

mollyg replied...
Feb. 11, 2010 at 7:25 am :
you are definitely right. Twilight was written in a very sloppy sort of way, like the author wanted to crank out the books for money. Harry Potter uses higher vocabulary and the author is talented and actually knows how write a classic.