The Buzz About Twilight

I'd like to address to buzz about Twilight with my sincere opinion.
I find the book and movie disgusting, bland, and not at all to my interest. Apparently, no one in America seems to agree with me.

I've recently found that the popularity rate of Twilight raised a great deal AFTER the movie came out in 2008. Strange, because I thought every one loved the book series. Evidently, after the movie, with the "hot" Robert Pattinson, I believe that teens and tweens felt dedicated to read this book for the sake of good ol' Rob, and to join their friends to feel a comfortable sense, fitting in. Their pure attraction to the style and look of the movie lead to the true discovery of the series, and so forth, book sales sky rocketed.
For some reason, I think Twilight readers only read the books and viewed the movie because it seemed, and still does, "cool" and new.
Another theory. Maybe a person just feels satisfied after reading a, what, 1000 page book in a week. I've heard lots of this kind of chatter among my friends, so maybe Twilight fans also like to brag to their friends about reading a big, long book. Not that the quality of the literature works, which, believe it or not, is the whole point of a book.
Twilight is another cult that will soon pass. I don't think the buzz is really worth it, and after reading this article, you should agree with me.

Newbe1998 said...
Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:22 am:
Your not alone. I don't like it either :)

Apollo77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
okay, i very much respect your opinion, assuming that you both read and watched the saga, however, I must disagree. I am not a person that follows the pack- actually, I try my hardest to stay away from the pack because I have the exact same view on conformity and what ever. I didn't read twilight until after the third movie came out(not ever seeing the movies) because I thought it was a stupid fad, and even then I only read it because i was bored and had already read all of the *sophisticated* b... (more »)

Aliescha L. said...
Apr. 21, 2012 at 11:08 am:
I have to disagree with you on some of it, yes the book series did get more popular after the movie but I don't think fans felt they should read it just because they watched the movie. But I do agree that Twilight will eventually pass just like many other books from years ago.

KelliB replied...
May 15, 2012 at 11:53 am :
I agree with Aliescha L.

kateyt123 said...
Apr. 21, 2012 at 8:27 am:
As if she's not bashing our opinions

LockeDemosthenes said...
A common incentive to watch the Twilight movies is because "teh atcors is so HAWT! *smiley face emoticon* *heart emoticon*."  This made me think, "What else is viewed because the actors are attractive?" Congratulations, Twilight. You have the same entertainment value as po.rn. 

JAZLIZZLE said...
Jun. 10, 2011 at 1:10 am:
I completely agree!I've read all of the Twilight books and I've seen the movies to give it a fair chance, but I didn't connect with the story. With Harry Potter, I fell in love with the messages and characters. I feel the characters are better role models than Bella or the Cullens.

Priya5 replied...
Jul. 25, 2011 at 10:42 am :
exactly!!!!!! I still don't understand why tweens and teens "oooh and aaah" about Robert can-I-get-any-whiter Pattinson or girls wanting to be Kristen all-this-world's-grievances-on-my-shoulder Stewart....... i mean Harry Potter is a much more fantastic of a movie and also a great book......  

LockeDemosthenes replied...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 2:17 pm :
Kristen-emotional-void-Stewart.

RockGirl182This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...

I, for one, loved the books and ya i read them after i saw the first movie. But just because some teens, myself included, like something that after turns into a hit doesn't mean it's ''disgusting''. To some OK, if that's the way they feel about it, but that doesn't mean that it's not good. 

People should respect other peoples likings and respect what other people think of something. What appeals to one, might not to the other. I respect your choice for not liking Twilight, but you... (more »)

RockGirl182This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 28, 2011 at 9:48 pm :
sorry it doubled, don't know why :O

madbunnymonique said...
I LOVE TWILIGHT  i  thouht the books where better than the movie BUT  im still a TWIHARD. I dont understand why people are in love with  Robert Pattinson.But Taylor Lautner i love him but i loved him before the twilight movies or books came out.

Mystisha said...
I've read the books but yeah i hated the movie to the core..I'm not a twilight fan at all..when i see girls mad about Robert pattinson or taylor i just hate it...i totally agree with this article..lol..Vampires suck is better than twilight :P

LockeDemosthenes replied...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 2:21 pm :
Parody is indeed as enjoyable or more enjoyable than originals.  

LockeDemosthenes replied...
Nov. 4, 2011 at 2:22 pm :
I apologize if that's grammatically incorrect. I have trouble wording these things.

AnarchyIsMyFriend said...
Feb. 14, 2011 at 7:38 pm:
The books were okay until people started just watching the movies in place of the books and it got way overblown and stupid.  I agree!   I am not a Twilight fan.

dreamhorse said...
I read them before they were even somewhat popular. I enjoyed them then because I wasn't really concerned with how good the writing was. I was fine with most of the characters besides Bella and Edward. Edward always creeped me out.

Delanafan4ever said...
Dec. 17, 2010 at 8:00 am:
I agree with you 100 percent. And I dont even like the movies or books.

kateyt23 said...
Well to completely contardict what you have just written, I read the books because i wanted to! I've read them each 5 times, because i like them. You may like sports, music or simple pulling down somebody elses likes! Your article is ridiculus, let people do, read, sing, act like they want

SnowAngel replied...
Dec. 17, 2010 at 9:56 am :
I agree with u completely katey23. Just because we read her article doesn't mean we have to agree with her.