Music

Music is a creative art form expressed through melodies, rhythms and harmonies. Beauty is to music like sweet is to wine; it’s fascinating how music can move and touch someone. Music can send you through a wide range of emotions and that’s what makes it beautiful; no other art form possesses that quality.

Music can make you cry, smile, laugh, rejoice, angry, sad, any emotion that the human has can be evoked by music. The right song can take you back to those precious moments hidden deep in your memory. Remember the feeling of receiving your first kiss? How about when you lost a loved one? I assure you that there is a song that can trigger those two powerful feelings; love and anguish.

The connection that the soul has with music can be described as magical if not spiritual. Music makes it impossible for a soul to be kept down by chains and stifled from freedom. Imagine how dull and lifeless our world would be without music. Just omit smooth melodies, upbeat tempos and perfect harmonies out of your life for just a moment and observe how miserable and deplorable life would be; it would not be worth living.

Fortunately, we our blessed to have music and we are able to enjoy it in our special way. Some people let the music take command over their body, enabling swift and graceful movements. For me however, I let the music flow through my mind which allows me to visit spectacular places. I can relax in Utopia; all I have to do is press “play”.

Essentially, music is a beautiful art expression very dear to me. Living in a world without song would be mental and emotional torture; I simply would not be able to survive without it. Listening to music parallels riding a rollercoaster; you never know where it is going to take you and the vast amount of emotions involved during the ride. I treasure music because not only is it apart of my life, it is apart of me.

JennaratorThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:10 pm:
I like this article, it describes music well in a very non cliche way. I am very impressed. Please, take a look at my article on music and tell me what you think, I think you would be a good judge of how cheesy it is, it is called "Stay True to Your Tune". Id appreciate it!

Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:08 pm:
I've been trying for a long time to describe how music makes me feel in a very non cliche way, and I am very impressed with how you described it. Thank you for not being cheesy! :) Check out my piece on music, see what you think. Its titled "Stay true to Your tune"

Loversinjapan said...
So true. And everyone wonders why i love music so much!!! If only I could just tape this to my back and say "this is why i like music". Its nice how its wriitn in essay form, like youre trying to tell someone what music is (and your essay gives a good description of what it is!)

mcpanicfanic said...
Apr. 20, 2010 at 3:23 am:
I love music, so I wrote a peice on why i hate lady gaga. Check it out!!!!!

MaddyB said...
Oct. 3, 2009 at 7:07 am:
You're right! Music is something... something beautiful. More than just beautiful, it is my life.

Zachary G. replied...
Oct. 13, 2009 at 6:21 pm :
Wow... That's close to what I was gonna say!