Countdowns Best Year Yet? | Teen Ink

Countdowns Best Year Yet?

By Donelly42 BRONZE, Van Nuys, California
Donelly42 BRONZE, Van Nuys, California

One of the biggest festivals in SoCal is called Countdown, with multiple big-time DJs, amazing production of the laser light shows, and an overall great vibe you get from the community. It's one of the biggest because more than 70,000 people ranging from the ages of 18-35+ attend it every year to celebrate the New Year.  

If you’re a raver like many others, who enjoy the infectious melodies that transcend your body and make you want to jump out of bed. Then one of the biggest reasons you should attend Countdown is that you will experience music that will have you bouncing up and down like a kid on Christmas Morning. At Countdown, you’ll experience the best of the best DJs who move the crowds with their amazing sets( A DJ’s playlist). DJs like Habstrakt who played an iconic set at Galactik Gate( A side stage at Countdown) make the crowd go crazy with energy. Making them feel like they had unlimited stamina. In the article “Festival Report Card: Countdown NYE 2024” author DIANNA BAYLOR said  “Those who saw Habstrakt Presents: Distorted Reality or the iconic Moksi set at Galactik Gate witnessed killer performances. To continue all that energy, the Deorro B2B Valentino Khan afters night two was an insane way to close out an amazing weekend.” 

Another reason you should attend Countdown is because of the fun head-banging you'll get to do without even trying. If you go you’ll experience the talent DJs like Eli Brown, Nicole Moudaber, Adam Beyer, Layton Giordani, and BEC have to offer. The skill these DJs display on the stage by creating irregular beautiful beats that get you moving has you almost possessed by Aliens. For example, Eli brown who performed on the Twilight Zone stage had the crowd head-banging and raging all night with his set until he started playing his go-to eerie, dark, scary techno music which had the crowd dancing at the Twilight Zone and ended off in a huge laser show. The article Countdown NYE 2023 Wrap Up by FRANK said “They got the crowd raging                 and together we rang in the new year under the warehouse lights. Eli Brown started playing his signature dark techno soon after the celebrations were over and the light show escalated to an unprecedented degree. “

This is exactly how the experience felt for me. 

If after reading this you feel the need to experience this amazing festival. Attending Countdown in SoCal is the only way to end the year by experiencing the biggest musical festival yet, which will have you bouncing, head-banging, and excited all night. Take a chance and enjoy the sweet weekend fun at Countdown 2024 in December.