Popular Girls in UGGS

Everyone says that you have to have a Hollister top and leak Abercrombie to be accepted. Everyone has the girl in their grade that walks like she has something to prove, puts others down so she feels less insecure, and hugs you while stabbing you in the back with her designer earrings. Everything about her seems perfect...her clothes her looks her laugh....except one thing...her attitude. The boys gush and the girls roll their eyes. Why is it that they can't see through a pretty mask and a flirty laugh? You may be the nicest girl on the planet with average looks....and they don't care. You cry, reapply the makeup, and carry on.

The constant verbal put-downs on every girl that doesn't leak Chanel when she cries are almost too much to bear. The teachers see, but brush it off like a fly. They know how middle school girls can be, their used to it. But we're still getting used to it. They roll their eyes, hand you a tissue, and tell you to toughen up. 'You'll meet people at work someday who are worse.' 'Go see the guidance counselor, you're disrupting my class.' 'Would you stop fighting??!?! It's not that big of a deal if she has more A.Eagle clothes than you. Cheer up!' So you slip on you favorite tee,not Aeropostale, much to everyone's dismay,and carry on.

Everyone sees the outward shell, but what they don't see is the personality and the home-life. The popular girls don't have either. Their home-life probably isn't the best, and their personality obviously sucks. Their harsh words sting like cold wind. You wish you had name brand to cover up in, or the latest Aerie jacket. Instead, you snuggle up to Walmart fleece...and carry on.

Ends up the girl you least expect will come back to the twentieth class reunion gorgeous and thriving at her new job as a model or whatever. And she had NO friends in middle school! Cause why? She wasn't worthy of friendship because she didn't own Abercrombie jeans, or a pair of UGGS. Why is she thriving? She carried on...and didn't worry whether the popular girl backstabbed her with designer earrings just because she didn't own a Hollister tee.

BasketballChick5 said...
I liked this people need to like you for who you are bot who your not liek you clothes no one should care and you shoes the way you wear you hear people need to know your presonality! Like me i used to be shy at school but at home i am very outgoing and then one day i opened up adn everyone lives me for me!!!!!!!!!!

Laughternchoclate said...
LOVE THIS!!! god i love all ur work!!!!!!!

babigerl1194 said...
this is such a clichee. nd doesnt usually happens parents just say that to make thier kids feel better. =(

morgie7<3 replied...
My writing is a cliche? I think its cliche how some girls think that because of their last name or because of their social status they can get everything they want in life. Believe me, half of them don't try in anything and know they can get away with it, and they're not going to get away with it when they grow up. Seriously. I think you need to look around before you say something about my writing being a cliche.

Unwritten replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 9:40 am
Its very nice writing but your saying to look around. Well it is time for you to start looking between the lines. Not everything is black and white. Check out my work there a nice article about this topic.

bluesky0728 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:39 am
Well, lucky you, babigerl1194, you don't have to deal with this at school. Unfortunately, most middle-school girls do, so please keep your negativity to yourself, thank you.

babigerl1194 replied...
please. im so not popular. but i do know its not going to be happy ending for most of us. and those popluar b*tches probably will be sucessful. sucks dont it. cause the unpopular kids cut and drink and want to escape. maybe they're smart but without popularity there's no connection and that doesn't get you far in life. you said those girls had money well then they're gonna get the best school and all the opportunities. sorry honey it's a cliche since it has such a happy ending.

or the popular bitches don't care about school and get pregnant at 15 and the unpopular girl geniuses go on to invent a cure to cancer.

Unwritten replied...
Jul. 29, 2010 at 7:55 am
Well I'm sorry you feel tht way, you could do a lot in the world but it seems you don't think a better additude and nicer words won't get you there.

PlasticRose This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
...I feel like this is well written and it's a good point and stuff, and I'm glad you weren't trying to be judgemental, so keep up the good work!
But I also feel like if I put on a shirt that says "HOLLISTER" in big letters across the front they should pay me to wear it. Cause all I'm doing is advertising after I pay extra money for a t-shirt I could have bought without the brand name for half the price somewhere else. ._.

morgie7<3 replied...
haha that is a very good point:)

Icy96 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I agree whole-heartedly. Keep telling your opinion and ignore the haters, they're just jealous of our Walmart clothes ;)

Lyndsey C. said...
then again it is high school so it really dosnt matter

905xoxo said...
Apperance is the outward expression of your innerself. The girl with the Pastry Shoes will probally not get along ith the guy in the Led Zepplin shirt. The problem is now girls are falling to comformidy. Everyone want big name clothes, instead of voiceing who they are. It is not that girls who wear big designers are evil, it's just that they have a desire to fit in.

morgie7<3 replied...
I do agree that name brand clothes are donned mostly for the reason of trying to fit in. BUT, sometimes the desire to fit in can be more harmful than you think. Because they have the cool clothes, they're cooler right? Wrong. To make themselves feel better, they put down others who may or may not have their same desire to fit into the 'popular' group. Lots of girls are made fun of for not wearing name brand clothes, it's not a scarce happening, at least in my school. The ... (more »)

Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:42 am
I agree with 905xoxo. We shouldn't care that their clothes are designer- but they shouldn't judge our clothes either. We should wear whatever expresses ourselves that we can afford, and if that's what they choose to wear, so be it. If I choose to wear a t-shirt with my favorite WNBA team on it to school, so be it. They shouldn't care, but they do. But judging them for their designer clothes just makes things worse. We just have to ignore them, but if we're being just as mean to them as they are ... (more »)

little-miss-sunshine said...
I totally agree with this article. Great!

Gee.gee.lania replied...
I agree with this article.
Girls now an days are judged more on their looks and less on their personality and smarts.
I think that everbody should be judged by how they act and whats inside.

CaseyLeigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I don't agree with this article at all. You ask girls not to be judgmental, yet you judge those who wear certain brands. People are going to judge you no matter what, so at least try to be above that. You're sinking as low as the girls you hate.

morgie7<3 replied...
I am not saying that all girls that wear these clothes are like this...or trying to be judgemental. I am just trying to describe the people in my article in the best way possible, based on my own experiences. In this article, these girls are popular and have all the name brand things, and think they're above everyone else. Isn't that how it works with a lot of people? Popular people most likely seem to have it all. I know that not all people that wear Hollister/A&F ect are ba... (more »)