Popular Girls in UGGS

Everyone says that you have to have a Hollister top and leak Abercrombie to be accepted. Everyone has the girl in their grade that walks like she has something to prove, puts others down so she feels less insecure, and hugs you while stabbing you in the back with her designer earrings. Everything about her seems perfect...her clothes her looks her laugh....except one thing...her attitude. The boys gush and the girls roll their eyes. Why is it that they can't see through a pretty mask and a flirty laugh? You may be the nicest girl on the planet with average looks....and they don't care. You cry, reapply the makeup, and carry on.

The constant verbal put-downs on every girl that doesn't leak Chanel when she cries are almost too much to bear. The teachers see, but brush it off like a fly. They know how middle school girls can be, their used to it. But we're still getting used to it. They roll their eyes, hand you a tissue, and tell you to toughen up. 'You'll meet people at work someday who are worse.' 'Go see the guidance counselor, you're disrupting my class.' 'Would you stop fighting??!?! It's not that big of a deal if she has more A.Eagle clothes than you. Cheer up!' So you slip on you favorite tee,not Aeropostale, much to everyone's dismay,and carry on.

Everyone sees the outward shell, but what they don't see is the personality and the home-life. The popular girls don't have either. Their home-life probably isn't the best, and their personality obviously sucks. Their harsh words sting like cold wind. You wish you had name brand to cover up in, or the latest Aerie jacket. Instead, you snuggle up to Walmart fleece...and carry on.

Ends up the girl you least expect will come back to the twentieth class reunion gorgeous and thriving at her new job as a model or whatever. And she had NO friends in middle school! Cause why? She wasn't worthy of friendship because she didn't own Abercrombie jeans, or a pair of UGGS. Why is she thriving? She carried on...and didn't worry whether the popular girl backstabbed her with designer earrings just because she didn't own a Hollister tee.

tweedstars said...
Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:09 am
I don't understand how you could compare Abercrombie and Chanel.  I like to treat my personal fashion as an art, not something I conform to.  I like to live in a mix of super-cheap Forever 21 and the occasional designer piece.  I really don't think wearing something expensive brands you as a sell-out.

claire.y23 replied...
Agreed!! Plus, some so called "popular" people wear UGGS to keep warm...

xxblahhhO.o said...
The previous year, I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly and scoff those kind of people too. But recently I've learned a lot of things, one of which being that despite what people may wear and how they may act, every person actually wants to be accepted and appreciated, and sometimes the means by which they feel they can do this is with designer brands and straightening their hair every morning, etc, etc. So cliche, I know, you're probably rolling your eyes at me as you're reading this. Bu... (more »)

xxblahhhO.o replied...
**who are genuineely kindhearted people

xxblahhhO.o replied...
**who are genuinely kindhearted people

Tatyana said...
Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:58 am
all popular girls aren't what your making them seem  just because you cant get things they have

melanie replied...
i agree a lot with what you said, but there are really 2 definitions to being popular, there is the mean popular girl, and a girl with lots of friends. So, to be popular simply means to have a surplus of friends, not to be mean. im popular

i fart in school said...

i honestly disagree i work hard to earn money so i can buy things like this. i love shopping, and i adore uggs and all those brands. if you dont liek it then thats your problem. i honestly think people shouldnt judge and dont dislike if you cant buy things what other people like to buy. just stop being a hater and move on with your life

k. thanks!!!

Icy96 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Its not a matter of what you can and cant buy. Its a matter of whether you would be caught dead in a preppy brand or not. For example, in my school, Aero and Abercrombie are synonymous with uppity and snooty. Everyone in my school who wears those brands is either a jerk, a wanna-be-jerk, or someone who is completely lost and thinks that the key to popularity is dressing like everyone else. We non-conformists would never be caught dead in Brand-Name stuff like that unless Wal-Mart is considered a... (more »)

Tatyana replied...
i agree ummm...i fart in school

loves2write95 said...
Aug. 21, 2010 at 12:27 am
i know yow you feel! this is a great opinion on people like that....

LivenLove said...
Well I have a question. Do you know these s?

LivenLove replied...
girls*****

morgie7<3 replied...
yes, i know people like them.  and i know not all popular people are rich, im just trying to make a point

LivenLove replied...
Aug. 20, 2010 at 8:40 am
But you see there aren't people like them. Everyones different, its one thing to say these s are mean and wrong, its another thing to say they are mean and wrong becasue of the clothes they wear. That would be stereotyping.

♥♫music4ever25♥♫ said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:23 am
well i can relate but honseslty to be popular (at least at my schoo) you dont have to be rich....and for the record i wear abrocrmbie,uggs, areopostel, and american eggle and i would deffintly say im far from the rich popular girl mold you desscribed

thedifferentloser said...
THIS WAS GREAT AND TRUE! I LOVED IT! BUT I HATE THE FACT THAT THIS IS EVERYDAY LIFE ! 

9_little_ripples This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I agree with the majority of this. However, I disagree about the homelife part. I live in a wealthy town, and my friends and I are not popular, and we are the worst of financially and in respect to homelife. The popular girls in our town live in mansions with PTA mothers and Buisnessman fathers who are all clean and straightlaced.... perhaps it varies by town.

Sarbear This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
everyone can relate to this--except the popular girls, of course (they're 'perfect') im glad that you put this out here i wish more girls could read this and see that popular girls aren't all that just cause they wear different clothes with different stinking names on them.

Anoma21 said...
I agree with what your saying but i do believe that your being a little biased. Personally, i know many "popular" and "unpopular" girls that are mean, rude, disrespectful etc. I really don't think it has anything to do with what social group you're involved with. Additionally, I know many "popular" girls that are some of the nicest people i've ever met and don't judge based on clothes or social group. And i don't consider myself popular, i d... (more »)

bluesky0728 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:37 am
of course the popular girls don't judge you- you're a guy! you have no idea what they're really like!