Popular Girls in UGGS

Everyone says that you have to have a Hollister top and leak Abercrombie to be accepted. Everyone has the girl in their grade that walks like she has something to prove, puts others down so she feels less insecure, and hugs you while stabbing you in the back with her designer earrings. Everything about her seems perfect...her clothes her looks her laugh....except one thing...her attitude. The boys gush and the girls roll their eyes. Why is it that they can't see through a pretty mask and a flirty laugh? You may be the nicest girl on the planet with average looks....and they don't care. You cry, reapply the makeup, and carry on.

The constant verbal put-downs on every girl that doesn't leak Chanel when she cries are almost too much to bear. The teachers see, but brush it off like a fly. They know how middle school girls can be, their used to it. But we're still getting used to it. They roll their eyes, hand you a tissue, and tell you to toughen up. 'You'll meet people at work someday who are worse.' 'Go see the guidance counselor, you're disrupting my class.' 'Would you stop fighting??!?! It's not that big of a deal if she has more A.Eagle clothes than you. Cheer up!' So you slip on you favorite tee,not Aeropostale, much to everyone's dismay,and carry on.

Everyone sees the outward shell, but what they don't see is the personality and the home-life. The popular girls don't have either. Their home-life probably isn't the best, and their personality obviously sucks. Their harsh words sting like cold wind. You wish you had name brand to cover up in, or the latest Aerie jacket. Instead, you snuggle up to Walmart fleece...and carry on.

Ends up the girl you least expect will come back to the twentieth class reunion gorgeous and thriving at her new job as a model or whatever. And she had NO friends in middle school! Cause why? She wasn't worthy of friendship because she didn't own Abercrombie jeans, or a pair of UGGS. Why is she thriving? She carried on...and didn't worry whether the popular girl backstabbed her with designer earrings just because she didn't own a Hollister tee.

pinksage33 said...
Jul. 3, 2009 at 9:55 pm:
Just because someone wears ugs dos'nt mean thast they are mean. But you make a very good point in the rest of the aricle.

morgie7<3 replied...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 10:46 pm :
Lets see, did I ever once say that if you own Uggs you are mean? Nope, don't think so. It really aggravates me when people put words in my mouth that I never intended, nor ever did say. Some of my best friends wear Uggs, the title is just catchy, interesting, makes a point, and is better than titling it "We Hate Mean Girls" The point is for girls not to worry if there are people they know that think they are more worthy of respect or better than others because they wear Uggs (... (more »)

BannedGeekII said...
Jul. 3, 2009 at 4:43 pm:
This article is very true, but keep in mind that thoose girls often wear all theese nice clothes and act a certain way to make everyone think they're better than you, to mask their own insecurity. Just feel good about yourself, the way you are. And lastly, everyone feels insecure, but it reflects on who you are, if you are mean to others just to mask it or not. Great article!

morgie7<3 said...
May 25, 2009 at 5:56 pm:
First off...thank you for the feedback. And I was not trying to insult anyone at all. I love those stores, and I am not saying it's bad to shop there. This is just about the girls who have the snotty personality to go with the clothes. I am sorry if I insulted anyone, I did not mean to make anyone feel that way.

Bianca V. said...
May 25, 2009 at 2:01 am:
sooo true and i completly understand

Courtney N. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 25, 2009 at 12:56 am:
lovely... :)

BellaLuna said...
May 24, 2009 at 11:16 pm:
i like it. u make a point. i don't have this at my school but i see it in the mall of you go to like Long Island,holliser, abercrombie aeropastel, personaly i dont like those brands i prefer hot topic lol! but its true. i hope u make the mag.

cheer96 said...
May 24, 2009 at 5:14 pm:
this is so true..... its exactly like my school they judge you on ur clothes and all the stuff that doesnt matter i abs love this

Kit-Kat said...
May 24, 2009 at 12:54 pm:
I do enjoy your writing, but I think that this article is being a little judgemental. Yes, it does describe accurately a certain percentage of people, but I was kind of insulted- I wear Uggs and Coach, and A. Eagle... but I don't consider myself a bad person- I know I'm not like those girls you describe because yes, I get stabbed to. But not by earrings- by my own judgement to even get myself involved in the petty schemes of those girls!

SmileyRiley<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
morgan i love it! it reminds me of... certain ppl ... its awesome

Vexa_Rave said...
wow, this was an amazing article!!! you make a huge point!!! i hope this gets in the magazine!!! ^_^