Popular Girls in UGGS

Everyone says that you have to have a Hollister top and leak Abercrombie to be accepted. Everyone has the girl in their grade that walks like she has something to prove, puts others down so she feels less insecure, and hugs you while stabbing you in the back with her designer earrings. Everything about her seems perfect...her clothes her looks her laugh....except one thing...her attitude. The boys gush and the girls roll their eyes. Why is it that they can't see through a pretty mask and a flirty laugh? You may be the nicest girl on the planet with average looks....and they don't care. You cry, reapply the makeup, and carry on.

The constant verbal put-downs on every girl that doesn't leak Chanel when she cries are almost too much to bear. The teachers see, but brush it off like a fly. They know how middle school girls can be, their used to it. But we're still getting used to it. They roll their eyes, hand you a tissue, and tell you to toughen up. 'You'll meet people at work someday who are worse.' 'Go see the guidance counselor, you're disrupting my class.' 'Would you stop fighting??!?! It's not that big of a deal if she has more A.Eagle clothes than you. Cheer up!' So you slip on you favorite tee,not Aeropostale, much to everyone's dismay,and carry on.

Everyone sees the outward shell, but what they don't see is the personality and the home-life. The popular girls don't have either. Their home-life probably isn't the best, and their personality obviously sucks. Their harsh words sting like cold wind. You wish you had name brand to cover up in, or the latest Aerie jacket. Instead, you snuggle up to Walmart fleece...and carry on.

Ends up the girl you least expect will come back to the twentieth class reunion gorgeous and thriving at her new job as a model or whatever. And she had NO friends in middle school! Cause why? She wasn't worthy of friendship because she didn't own Abercrombie jeans, or a pair of UGGS. Why is she thriving? She carried on...and didn't worry whether the popular girl backstabbed her with designer earrings just because she didn't own a Hollister tee.

Tatyana said...
Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:58 am:
all popular girls aren't what your making them seem  just because you cant get things they have

melanie replied...
Dec. 9, 2010 at 2:53 pm :
i agree a lot with what you said, but there are really 2 definitions to being popular, there is the mean popular girl, and a girl with lots of friends. So, to be popular simply means to have a surplus of friends, not to be mean. im popular

i fart in school said...

i honestly disagree i work hard to earn money so i can buy things like this. i love shopping, and i adore uggs and all those brands. if you dont liek it then thats your problem. i honestly think people shouldnt judge and dont dislike if you cant buy things what other people like to buy. just stop being a hater and move on with your life

k. thanks!!!

Icy96 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Nov. 15, 2010 at 12:53 pm :
Its not a matter of what you can and cant buy. Its a matter of whether you would be caught dead in a preppy brand or not. For example, in my school, Aero and Abercrombie are synonymous with uppity and snooty. Everyone in my school who wears those brands is either a jerk, a wanna-be-jerk, or someone who is completely lost and thinks that the key to popularity is dressing like everyone else. We non-conformists would never be caught dead in Brand-Name stuff like that unless Wal-Mart is considered a... (more »)

Tatyana replied...
Nov. 15, 2010 at 6:00 pm :
i agree ummm...i fart in school

loves2write95 said...
Aug. 21, 2010 at 12:27 am:
i know yow you feel! this is a great opinion on people like that....

LivenLove said...
Well I have a question. Do you know these s?

LivenLove replied...
Aug. 18, 2010 at 3:35 pm :
girls*****

morgie7<3 replied...
Aug. 19, 2010 at 2:50 pm :
yes, i know people like them.  and i know not all popular people are rich, im just trying to make a point

LivenLove replied...
Aug. 20, 2010 at 8:40 am :
But you see there aren't people like them. Everyones different, its one thing to say these s are mean and wrong, its another thing to say they are mean and wrong becasue of the clothes they wear. That would be stereotyping.

♥♫music4ever25♥♫ said...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:23 am:
well i can relate but honseslty to be popular (at least at my schoo) you dont have to be rich....and for the record i wear abrocrmbie,uggs, areopostel, and american eggle and i would deffintly say im far from the rich popular girl mold you desscribed

thedifferentloser said...
Jun. 14, 2010 at 4:55 pm:
THIS WAS GREAT AND TRUE! I LOVED IT! BUT I HATE THE FACT THAT THIS IS EVERYDAY LIFE ! 

9_little_ripples This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 23, 2010 at 3:44 pm:
I agree with the majority of this. However, I disagree about the homelife part. I live in a wealthy town, and my friends and I are not popular, and we are the worst of financially and in respect to homelife. The popular girls in our town live in mansions with PTA mothers and Buisnessman fathers who are all clean and straightlaced.... perhaps it varies by town.

Sarbear This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
everyone can relate to this--except the popular girls, of course (they're 'perfect') im glad that you put this out here i wish more girls could read this and see that popular girls aren't all that just cause they wear different clothes with different stinking names on them.

Anoma21 said...
Mar. 20, 2010 at 6:44 pm:
I agree with what your saying but i do believe that your being a little biased. Personally, i know many "popular" and "unpopular" girls that are mean, rude, disrespectful etc. I really don't think it has anything to do with what social group you're involved with. Additionally, I know many "popular" girls that are some of the nicest people i've ever met and don't judge based on clothes or social group. And i don't consider myself popular, i d... (more »)

bluesky0728 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 11:37 am :
of course the popular girls don't judge you- you're a guy! you have no idea what they're really like!

BasketballChick5 said...
Mar. 16, 2010 at 5:46 pm:
I liked this people need to like you for who you are bot who your not liek you clothes no one should care and you shoes the way you wear you hear people need to know your presonality! Like me i used to be shy at school but at home i am very outgoing and then one day i opened up adn everyone lives me for me!!!!!!!!!!

Laughternchoclate said...
Feb. 26, 2010 at 3:15 pm:
LOVE THIS!!! god i love all ur work!!!!!!!

babigerl1194 said...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 5:51 pm:
this is such a clichee. nd doesnt usually happens parents just say that to make thier kids feel better. =(

morgie7<3 replied...
Feb. 24, 2010 at 6:42 pm :
My writing is a cliche? I think its cliche how some girls think that because of their last name or because of their social status they can get everything they want in life. Believe me, half of them don't try in anything and know they can get away with it, and they're not going to get away with it when they grow up. Seriously. I think you need to look around before you say something about my writing being a cliche.

Unwritten replied...
Jul. 28, 2010 at 9:40 am :
Its very nice writing but your saying to look around. Well it is time for you to start looking between the lines. Not everything is black and white. Check out my work there a nice article about this topic.