Popular Girls in UGGS

Everyone says that you have to have a Hollister top and leak Abercrombie to be accepted. Everyone has the girl in their grade that walks like she has something to prove, puts others down so she feels less insecure, and hugs you while stabbing you in the back with her designer earrings. Everything about her seems perfect...her clothes her looks her laugh....except one thing...her attitude. The boys gush and the girls roll their eyes. Why is it that they can't see through a pretty mask and a flirty laugh? You may be the nicest girl on the planet with average looks....and they don't care. You cry, reapply the makeup, and carry on.

The constant verbal put-downs on every girl that doesn't leak Chanel when she cries are almost too much to bear. The teachers see, but brush it off like a fly. They know how middle school girls can be, their used to it. But we're still getting used to it. They roll their eyes, hand you a tissue, and tell you to toughen up. 'You'll meet people at work someday who are worse.' 'Go see the guidance counselor, you're disrupting my class.' 'Would you stop fighting??!?! It's not that big of a deal if she has more A.Eagle clothes than you. Cheer up!' So you slip on you favorite tee,not Aeropostale, much to everyone's dismay,and carry on.

Everyone sees the outward shell, but what they don't see is the personality and the home-life. The popular girls don't have either. Their home-life probably isn't the best, and their personality obviously sucks. Their harsh words sting like cold wind. You wish you had name brand to cover up in, or the latest Aerie jacket. Instead, you snuggle up to Walmart fleece...and carry on.

Ends up the girl you least expect will come back to the twentieth class reunion gorgeous and thriving at her new job as a model or whatever. And she had NO friends in middle school! Cause why? She wasn't worthy of friendship because she didn't own Abercrombie jeans, or a pair of UGGS. Why is she thriving? She carried on...and didn't worry whether the popular girl backstabbed her with designer earrings just because she didn't own a Hollister tee.

VirginieC This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 8:11 pm:
this was overexaggerated, unpopular people have uggs/abercrombie too and some popular people don't. and not all popular people are mean. this was very stereotypical and biased, i didn't like it.

russianreader replied...
Jun. 20, 2011 at 3:00 pm :
I disagree. Some people want to deny that this kinda thing happens but it does...Some people say it is  sterotype or biased or whatever, but these ideas have to come from somewhere and that somewhere is from real life expirences...

kahlua319 said...
Mar. 27, 2011 at 3:48 pm:
im not rich, probably lower middle class, and cannot afford these clothes and understand what it's like to be discriminated against simply because of that- HOWEVER, you're being really discriminating against people just because of how much money they have too. Just because somebody has money doesnt make them mean- its not their fault their parents are who they are. and would you hold it against them if they just really liked the way abercrombie clothes looked? some are b****es however you cant j... (more »)

WriterGeek<3 said...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 8:04 pm:
Just because someone has Abercrombie and Hollister etc clothes doesn't mean they have bad personalities. Having UGGS doesn't make you a better person. If someone doesn't have as much money that doesn't make them automaticaly better.

TeaCat said...
Mar. 5, 2011 at 7:26 pm:
...What has become of our modern culture?

snakeman said...
Feb. 11, 2011 at 10:20 am:
i love men and snakes that is y i am snake man but i really am shaniqua

russianreader replied...
Jun. 20, 2011 at 3:01 pm :
?????????????

haterzgonhate said...
Feb. 11, 2011 at 10:14 am:
gGUrl i knOoW how YA feEll i LovVe A BoiII naMD LAshOn AndD H3 ignORes mE AlL th3 tiMe fO' DiS GurLL ShOWNquA. sHe oNLy wAer mAdDdD A..eAglE

snakeman replied...
Feb. 11, 2011 at 10:17 am :
yo the names shaniqua and i be haten so lashon is mine homegirl so u can hop off and get steppin girl

Spenser This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 8, 2011 at 6:06 pm:
We have that one girl in my grade, who's popular but is a complete b*tch. However, she is kinda average looking at best. People respect her for her singing talent, and since I'm in the Drama group, almost all my friends admire her. So yeah, I get what you're trying to say.

KayKay:-) said...
Feb. 5, 2011 at 6:09 pm:
Um, 'scuse me? I DO NOT shop at Hollister, Abercrombie, or AE as I do not exactly like their clothes. And I don't have Uggs because I just don't like them. Even so, all of my friends say I have the best fashion sense out of everyone. Strange much? LOL. Funny how this clothing discrimintaion or whatever usually only affects girls. Huh. Coincidence?

proving a point (: said...
Jan. 27, 2011 at 9:23 am:
Just because you have named brand clothes does not your mean or snotty popular person.I have name brand clothes and I m not a b**** to people.Popular means you have a lot of friends the people youre talking about is the ameatures.just to let you know. ohkay.ohkay! Byeee (:

HisPurePrincess This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
clothes don't make the person, that's for sure.  i'm perfectly happy with my So, Mudd, Faded Glory and Justice wardrobe.  it fits the budget and looks cute.  now, i'm homeschooled, but i still think that being judged or shoved around because of what you wear is so stupid.

tweedstars said...
Jan. 17, 2011 at 1:09 am:
I don't understand how you could compare Abercrombie and Chanel.  I like to treat my personal fashion as an art, not something I conform to.  I like to live in a mix of super-cheap Forever 21 and the occasional designer piece.  I really don't think wearing something expensive brands you as a sell-out.

WriterGeek<3 replied...
Mar. 16, 2011 at 8:06 pm :
I totally agree.

claire.y23 replied...
Jan. 1, 2012 at 8:58 pm :
Agreed!! Plus, some so called "popular" people wear UGGS to keep warm...

xxblahhhO.o said...
The previous year, I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly and scoff those kind of people too. But recently I've learned a lot of things, one of which being that despite what people may wear and how they may act, every person actually wants to be accepted and appreciated, and sometimes the means by which they feel they can do this is with designer brands and straightening their hair every morning, etc, etc. So cliche, I know, you're probably rolling your eyes at me as you're reading this. Bu... (more »)

xxblahhhO.o replied...
Jan. 1, 2011 at 2:56 pm :
**who are genuineely kindhearted people

xxblahhhO.o replied...
Jan. 1, 2011 at 2:57 pm :
**who are genuinely kindhearted people

Tatyana said...
Nov. 15, 2010 at 9:58 am:
all popular girls aren't what your making them seem  just because you cant get things they have