I Have Loved

By broken.rose.poetry GOLD, Universal City, Texas
broken.rose.poetry GOLD, Universal City, Texas

“I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough..”

I have loved, blindly and quiet. I have loved loud and vibrant. And I am only four less than twenty and I am bold. I am bold because I am trying to be the best I can be. No matter who has thrown me down to the curb. No matter who has destroyed me, I will pick up my own pieces and put me back together again. Because I am not 'just another girl', nor have I ever been. And I don't need someone to differ with me on this. Because I am who I am because I have loved, and I have lived, and I have tried. And I try each day to be better than my last. By myself for myself. And I don't need any boy or girl to bring me down because they themselves are insecure. I have loved so full that it could change someone in a heartbeat. However, lately, I have grown cold. I have grown cold because of all these broken pieces I cannot mend together as I once have. I have loved, though, to no end, no departure, no puppet on a string. I have loved and that will always be enough...

I was inspired to write this due to my past experiences regarding an ex boyfriend... I struggle each day to get the past to stay in the past... I hope this helps someone.

SciArc

MacMillan Books

Aspiring Writer? Take Our Online Course!