Fake Love | Teen Ink

Fake Love

February 1, 2018
By Anonymous

Love is complete B.S. Now, I know what your thinking. “You’re just saying that because you’ve never felt it.” You’re right, I haven’t felt it. Mainly because it doesn’t exist. And I’m going to explain to you why that is.

 

People don’t know what the heck they’re feeling half of the time. There are people that jump from relationship to relationship saying “This person is the love of my life” “This person is the one”. These people obviously don’t know what they’re talking about. You can’t say that you’re in love with someone just because they’re nice to you for ten minutes. This is not love, they’re just indecisive and can’t keep it in their pants.


To be fair, I will admit that there are people that stay with someone for a long time. To them I say, “Congratulations. You’ve now been labeled as someone’s favorite person on the planet.” That doesn’t mean you’re in love though. It just means you found someone that doesn’t hate you. I’m aware that this wasn’t that good of an explanation. But, I’m more of a science man myself, so let me try and explain this scientifically.


Whenever you see someone that interest you, a chemical called dopamine is released in your brain. This chemical causes a release of testosterone, which will cause you to lust that person. But, the dopamine itself causes you to feel more happy and feel better. Love isn’t some magical force that just happens to people. It’s actually just a combination of lust and a drug trip.


In conclusion, love isn’t real and everyone that thinks so is just high on dopamine. You can think whatever you want. It doesn’t bother me. But, in my opinion love is absolute malarkey.