Your Mind vs. Your Heart

Your heart and mind work differently. They want different things. Your heart will want one thing, and your mind will want another. My advice? Listen to your heart. Your heart understands what your mind does not. Your heart sees things, feels things that is too complex for the human mind. Your mind will tend to think practically. You’ll see someone that is nice, smart, good looking and think it’s a catch. You found someone. But as you go on, you realize something is not right. What could that be? This person is theoretically perfect. Even with that, there’s something missing. A piece to the puzzle cannot be found. That missing piece is your heart. If your heart's not in it, you’ll never be happy. Your heart never will think practically. You know those crushes that you don’t understand? They might not be cute, or smart or charming. They could possibly even be a complete jerk, but you still go crazy every time you see them. They stay on your mind all day long. That’s your heart talking. That is love.

You can’t control who you fall for. I think that might be the worst part. It really sucks. It’s the one thing you have no control over. The heart wants what it wants. You question it all the time. This person is a complete jerk, why am I still attracted to them? It’s not your fault. I believe everything happens for a reason. With your heart, there’s no right or wrong. It’s the feeling. This feeling is the most beautiful and toxic thing you will ever feel. Your heart chooses what it wants, but so does theirs. What happens when their heart doesn’t choose you? I don’t think there’s a worse feeling in the world.