Ten Reasons Why Older Brothers Are the Worst | Teen Ink

Ten Reasons Why Older Brothers Are the Worst

By dhGlines BRONZE, Iligan City, Other
dhGlines BRONZE, Iligan City, Other

Okay so here's a question...

What is a big brother to you?

To some, big brothers are another mutual nemeses that obstruct your love path to your parents. Others would say that big brothers are products of great annoyance for bossing you around to do chores or, worse, their chores. Another would say that big brothers are pests for using your things when they need them eventhough you don't them to be borrowed because it's your favorite. Or, big brothers are devils because they always have the upper hand when it comes to seniority. Urgh! But, for my case, I have harvested 10 bulletpoints of reasons, oppositively, why big brothers are the BEST!

1. BIG BROTHERS ARE ALWAYS THE ONE WHO GETS REPRIMANDED
Despite the fact that they're older than you, they get to be your second parents when mom and dad are not around. And, when something happened to you, they're the ones who will be scolded and sometimes spanked for negligent supervision. Hahaha. In my case, it's true. Maybe?

2. BIG BROTHERS SHOW-OFF A LOT
Competition for affection and attention to your parents is not unusual to us. But since they're the older, parental attention seem to flock on them. And by that, gifts are always first-hand to them; yet, sometimes, the youngest gets the attention and the gifts go reversal. But, who knows?

3. BIG BROTHERS ARE THE SUPREME SACRIFICES
What do you think is the best weapon against sibling fights when you're the youngest? Correct! Crying. When the youngest seem to lose the fight, tears started to fire. For me, crying is my ultimatum to victory and the big bro is bound to be sacrificed to parental scold and shame for fighting their youngest. Because they're the older, sacrificial decisions to things and stuffs that the youngest ones want are made reluctantly and revengefully. Am I correct?

4. BIG BROTHERS ARE SUPERIOR FOXES
You've read it correct, right? When mom gives big bro errands or chores, big bro commands youngest to do them. But, youngest won't. So, they bribe you with good things like foods or things. Or blackmail you with some drawbacks you've done that mom doesn't know and when she knows, you're in a big trouble. So, at thd end, you get to do their job. Sounds familiar right?

5. BIG BROTHERS, ALSO, ARE INFERIOR FOXES
What do you think? When you've done something worth at the edge of the belt, of course, you find a way to faultfind your big bro and when you see one, who's the superior now? The blackmail goes around. And they're the ones who will do your chores now. ????????????

6. BIG BROTHERS ARE MORE TALENTED
Backlash me or whatever but I find this one surprisingly true. When you seem to excel into something, they do it better and, to much surprised, more beautiful. To us, MUSIC is our drive and big bro is also there to ruin my moment with his easy-fiddling-the-music-at-the-tip-of-his-musical-fingers-and-voice aura. Also, when it comes to oral reasoning, big bro tops every corner of words that you are left spellbound and hate flustered in anger. So, there I concede defeat. But it's not over yet!

7. BIG BROTHERS HAVE A WAY TO GET IN YOUR NERVES
Believe me, I think they have a knack that you easily get angry at them. Is it coincidence, serendipity, or just plain superiority? I dont know the science behind but one thing's for sure, it must be scientifically proven correct for in simple and complicated things, they're the reason why we end up to mom for a verdict.

8. BIG BROTHERS ARE THE NUMBER ONE OBJECTORS.
What you like, they always dislike. What you love, they always object. That's why we don't get along at some points in life. When you want to be a doctor, they always object because of your turtle actions and end up teasing you to be a famous septic tank operator. Such stupidity. We'll see about that.

9. BIG BROTHERS ALWAYS GOT YOUR BACK
There, I said it. Do you think that's true? Literally, I do. Because big bro always got my back to be slapped and slammed or hammered and clammed with his hands when I get to be misled by distractions and delinquency. Over much? But, what I meant is that he supports me with all his heart, soul, mind, and money (for the future).

And of course...

10. BIG BROTHERS ARE MORE THAN BY BLOOD
Well, when we have our sibling and petty fights, we easily and quickly come into an agreement with some jokes to plaster on the wounds cut by words. And, big bro is always and will be your complete mantra of courage, confidence, and corn-liness. They're everything beyond what you can imagine and can foresee the greatness that lies within you. Really? Yes super really.

So I have now come into conclusion, what is a big brother to you?

Retrace those steps that you and your big brother travelled along, reshape positively those memories that you both shared, and remember the days that you are no longer babies to have those silly fights but matured siblings who can laugh and tease and taunt the past and