A Form of Love? | Teen Ink

A Form of Love?

By Seth_Heard BRONZE, Raeford, North Carolina
Seth_Heard BRONZE, Raeford, North Carolina

Love is really strong, it is that one feeling that can affect every other one. It is that one feeling that determines how you are influenced and what you do about it. When I first tried out relationships, it did not go anywhere near good (as of anything tried out for the first time). I knew that it would be something different; I knew that love and relationships would be something that would affect my thought process. Being a teen and in a relationship is like being a little kid on a humongous rollercoaster. It seems so seemingly fun at first, but when you actually go on that ride, it is like you have never even prepared for it.

You learn a lot dealing with relationships. I have done some unreasonable actions as I go through relationships. I say go through because being a teen in the 21st century, nothing lasts for a while; well at least not the first couple of times. At the same time, it's like trial and error. One thing that anyone can agree on is that anyone can learn something from trial and error. The problem with this is, is if you decide to take what you have learned into consideration and interpret it into your future. What I have done was take everything that I learned in my past and give advise to anyone that needs it. What I have been doing is taking the things that I have learned and apply it to my future and those who ask for a second opinion. Honesty it feels good. To know that someone is willing to come with you for relationship advice and actually take it.

So, I guess what I am trying to say is, is that love can change everything. You shouldn’t really hide from it because it may cause problems and regret in the long run (not speaking for everyone). Based on what I have been through, love is a beautiful thing when you and that significant other knows each other's intentions and both accepts it. One more thing before I wrap this up; I don’t think that adults should say things like “You don’t know anything about it, you’re just a kid”. In some ways that can be contradicting because some of our parents met in High School and would say they are in love with their High School sweetheart. We are in an age where relationships are one of the most common “wants” in our adolescent lives. I don’t think it should be stop nor avoided.