Parents | Teen Ink

Parents

By OliviaS.Gonzalez175391 BRONZE, Miami , Florida
OliviaS.Gonzalez175391 BRONZE, Miami , Florida

It is so true what they say, parents are the most important people to have in your life. Parents make you feel safe, protected, and loved. They are always here to enjoy the good times with you,  and they are always here to help you push through the bad times. They make you who you are today. To me, parents are one of my biggest and one of my important support systems in my life. They have sacrificed so much for me, and I hope to return the favor someday. My mom is my best friend. She is always here for me, she is always trying to make me see the big picture when I am freaking out about something, and she is always trying to guide me in the right direction. She is such an amazing person, she is so strong, independent, and just down to Earth. My mom and I have such a special bond, she can tell when I am really happy about something, and she can also tell when I am really sad about something. That security of knowing that she is always going to be here is such a great feeling to have, and I would never like to change that.

My dad is a completely different story, but in a good way. My dad is one of my other best friends. He is just such a funny, laidback, cool, person that I love to have around. He is so strong, selfless, brave, and true. And I have always loved that about him. My dad has always tried to show me how to have a good life. He has taught me in order to have a good life, I have to work hard so I can get a career, exercise to I can have good health, eat right, and just have fun as life goes on. I have never forgotten when he told me this, nor I will never forget it because it is so true. I have always looked up to my dad. He has always been with even when I win or lose in something. I can’t express how much I love and care for him. He is just a part of me that I am going to carry with me for the rest of my life and I will never ever forget all the sacrifices he has done for me. My dad and I have such a strong bond. He is always trying to make me laugh and always has my back when I am in a tough situation. To me that is an amazing feeling to have.

I love my parents so much. They are everything to me. They are the reason why I am where I am today. They are the reason why I am such as good person and so well rounded. They have both shown me what it means to be truly independent, selfless, brave, loyal, and true. That is why I am the person you see today because of them. When I look into the mirror, I just don’t see me. I see a little of my mom and a little of my dad because that is what my genetics portray. To me, even when I am not with my parents, I feel them within me. Because that is how strong our bond is. That I will never forget.

I would like to be a parent one day, I want to care for a child of my own and pass down what I have learned from my parents. I will love my child so much. I’ll make sure to be there for her when she needs me and to help her through her insecurities. I will wipe tears off their faces when they are sad and I’ll tickle them to make them laugh. But one of the most important thing I will do is make sure I show her what my parents taught me. How to live an amazing life, how to be truly independent, strong, selfless, brave and true, and just to enjoy life because we only have one life to live. I hope some day to have a child and to pass down everything I learned from my parents.

I was inspired to write this piece because I love my parents and wanted to express it. 

Kapaluamama said...
I don't think I could properly express how heartfelt this writing is. Thank you for expressing your love for your parents. YOU are an amazing daughter!